marnilyn

Can i still apply a job in upwork even i am currently working in an office?

Can i apply in upwork even i am currently employed in an office?

I am a newbie in upwork and need additional income. 

Can i work at my convenient time if i choose fixed price project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marnilyn,

Yes, you can work on Upwork in addition to your regular job, just make sure you set the correct availability on your profile and bid on jobs that you're sure you have time to complete. The activity and contract dynamic depend on your arrangement with the client, so make sure to discuss their requirements in detail and share your availability with them. You can work on both Fixed-Price and Hourly contracts as long as you make a proper arrangement with your client.

Since you're a new user, please review these resources in order to understand how you can successfully work and get paid on Upwork.

Untitled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marnilyn,

Yes, you can work on Upwork in addition to your regular job, just make sure you set the correct availability on your profile and bid on jobs that you're sure you have time to complete. The activity and contract dynamic depend on your arrangement with the client, so make sure to discuss their requirements in detail and share your availability with them. You can work on both Fixed-Price and Hourly contracts as long as you make a proper arrangement with your client.

Since you're a new user, please review these resources in order to understand how you can successfully work and get paid on Upwork.

Untitled

hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your response.

I am confused about FIxed Priced Project and Hourly Project.

Is Fixed Price project means you will work any time you want as long as i finished it on target or is it still monitored by the client just like hourly?

As you know my situation, i have a regular job but my job only requires halfday or about 5 hours to finished it and the rest hours will be just waiting for other task that will be assigned by my boss but that happens rarely means i am bored sometimes doing nothing.

With my situation, What possible job type would i choose?

Fixed Price or Hourly.

Can you give me suggestions.

Thank You.

Best,

Marnilyn

Hi Marnilyn,

When you have an hourly contract, you are paid for the time you spend working for the client. That's why you need to use Upwork Desktop App to track your time or discuss other options with the client like adding manual time. When you have a fixed-price contract, you are paid for the work you deliver. It's up to you when you work on the project and how long you spend working on it as long as you deliver the work before the agreed deadline. You can find more information about job types here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Wanna double dip, eh? Clever. Although your time is better spent lookint at cat memes since you're on the clock. You can tell the suit the cat memes were for research. Gettin caught double dippin will get you IRL banhammered.

@marnilyn U wrote:

hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your response.

I am confused about FIxed Priced Project and Hourly Project.

Is Fixed Price project means you will work any time you want as long as i finished it on target or is it still monitored by the client just like hourly?

As you know my situation, i have a regular job but my job only requires halfday or about 5 hours to finished it and the rest hours will be just waiting for other task that will be assigned by my boss but that happens rarely means i am bored sometimes doing nothing.

With my situation, What possible job type would i choose?

Fixed Price or Hourly.

Can you give me suggestions.

Thank You.

Best,

Marnilyn

Just be aware that some employers would consider anything you produce on company time with company resources as company property and may also specifically ban you from working elsewhere as part of your employment agreement. While *Upwork* doesn't care whether you have another job or not, your actual *employer* might.