🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can someone please analyse my Upwork Prof...
Page options
designninjas
Community Member

Can someone please analyse my Upwork Profile?

Hi there Upwork GURUs,

I have a suspicion that it may not be attractive to Potential clients. I would be really grateful to the community GURUs to provide me with positive criticism which will help in reflecting my skills through my profile.😎👍

Thanks,

-Sy

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Initially, the client only sees the first two lines of your profile before they decide whether to scroll down or not.  Don't waste that space.  The same thing with your profile.  Use that opening to emphasize your skills and expertise.

In addition to what Mary said. I would say, that the begining of your profile should be a short summary of your profile in 2 or 3 sentences..

petra_r
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

In addition to what Mary said. I would say, that the begining of your profile should be a short summary of your profile in 2 or 3 sentences..

No, it should not. Trying to bore a client into hiring you rarely works.

What Mary pointed out was the fact that with clients only seeing the first line or two in a sea of similar looking profiles, that space must be used to entice the client to clock on / look at the profile in the first place. It does not matter how brilliant a profile is; if clients don't look at it, it will not create business.

The worst thing people can do is waste that space with nonsence such as their name or Hello or other salutations or empty lines. It should include the freelancer's USPs (Unique selling points) and something that attracts the client's interest.

Syed, personally I'd rewrite it and make the whole thing less about you and more about the clients and how hiring you will help them.

I'd lose the bombastic (yet in part nonsensical, such as "quintessential individuals") phrasing (not every subject needs to be embellished with adjective...) It all comes across a bit desperate, you know? Try to write more naturally.

I am also not sure whether being attached to an agency with such a low success score isn't holding you back.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Syed K wrote:

Hi there Upwork GURUs,

I have a suspicion that it may not be attractive to Potential clients. I would be really grateful to the community GURUs to provide me with positive criticism which will help in reflecting my skills through my profile.😎👍

Thanks,

-Sy

Let me be frank - your text is the typical meaningless word salad of US corporate resumes. It is not you. Lose all that nonsensical exaggaration, which serves you not well in light of that one awful feedback. Also, don't hide your earnings, you deny yourself of an important marketing tool when you do that, and it looks as if you have something to hide. Plus you miss the point of having different specialized profiles if the text is identical in all of them. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths