cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone review my profile

Arun K Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
1 of 28

Hello Upworkers !

I am a newbie to upwork and I have submitted 19 proposals till date. It has been six days and I still didn't receive a single response from the client. I write compelling proposals and even came top 20% in the upwork tests. 

Am I doing something wrong? If so,what can I do to further improve my profile and increase my chances of landing that first job?

And for you top rated freelancers, how long did it take to land your first job?

Thanks,

Arun.

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
2 of 28

Arun, I sent you a message with profile feedback.

3 of 28

Hello Cheryl . I checked my inbox but I don't think I received any message from you. Do you mind resending it to me? Smiley Happy

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

Community Guru
4 of 28

Well, as someone else suggested I told you to fix the lead because it was meaningless word salad. It was also inconsistent with the niches in which you say you work. Why did you think you were an academic writer?

In general, I would either back off promoting your level of expertise as an expert until you are or fix all the rhetorical and grammatical errors on your profile and portfolio sample pieces.

Community Leader
Robin H Member Since: Apr 9, 2018
5 of 28

Hello Arun,

I went through your profile, I have some feedbacks (this is my perspective):

First of all, keep your profile info brief, like you're starting with "If you're looking for a professional writer ....", I would say, it should be "I'm a professional writer ....". Also remember that, the profile info you write should directly connect you with the client reading it, once he starts, he keeps on reading it...

Now coming to the heading: "Professional Academic Content Wordsmith" I don't know, if this is engaging, but I would say, this is your first impression, so make it very engaging...

Look for other writers profile and get some idea, how do they write it, because the first thing client would see in your profile is how impressive it is, because, this will show how you will deliver them...

Now coming to your Portfolio section: It would be great, if you could add one more somehow.

This was my perspective Smiley Happy

I might hire you for my new blogging site, I will have to review your profile once again, before I revert back to you on this...

Good luck!

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

6 of 28

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback Robin. I'll try modifying and tweaking my profile as per your suggestions.   Smiley Very Happy

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

Community Leader
7 of 28

You're welcome!

Good luck!

8 of 28

Also what do you think of Ms.Petra's perspective? Should I take down some portfolios?

Community Leader
9 of 28

Arun K wrote:

Also what do you think of Ms.Petra's perspective? Should I take down some portfolios?

Well, she is the most experienced here and checks the details that most of the contributors here can't, I would say, she must have checked every detail of your profile... She would be able to explain this better, I guess.

All the best!

Community Guru
10 of 28

In your first portfolio piece, fix the typo in the first sentence.

Then diagram the second sentence and correct it. I find that diagramming a sentence is the best way to correct my mistakes when they aren't obvious to me.

"We can see famous celebrities
giving speeches that they are succesful because they just "followed their
passion"."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS