🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't Create New Profile
Page options
pongahead09
Community Member

Can't Create New Profile

I am trying to create a profile and I'm getting blocked because my phone number is tied to an old account I set up with an old work email address that is no longer valid and I cannot access. I need help deleting that old account so that I can finish setting up my current one.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ashley P wrote:

I am trying to create a profile and I'm getting blocked because my phone number is tied to an old account I set up with an old work email address that is no longer valid and I cannot access. I need help deleting that old account so that I can finish setting up my current one.

An old account can never be completely deleted, because otherwise people would create new profiles every time something happened on their old one they don't like. So you will need to activate the old one. If you create a new one, it will be suspended. 

I can't activate the old one. It's associated with an email I cannot access as I no longer work at that company. I never did any jobs with that account. I either need it deleted or the phone number dissassociated or the old account to be re-linked to my new e-mail address... Any way it works out would be great, but I can't currently access it to do any of those things and it's apparently impossible to contact support on this website (?).

Hi Ashley,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further with your account. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths