cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Rotate Profile Photo

London H Member Since: Dec 31, 2016
1 of 4

Hi. I am trying to set up an Upwork profile so that I can actually get to work, but it seems that no matter what I try, my profile photo will not rotate to the correct orientation. I have found several threads on the subject and tried multiple fixes, but I am still having trouble. So far, I have tried:

*using different photos

*rotating the photo in my computer's program and reuploading

*rotating the photo 360 degrees, then reuploading

*removing the photo's metadata via a 3rd party website, saving, and reuploading

*signing out and signing back in

*saving the photos to different locations in my computer and trying again

Yes, I am using photos from a mobile device. Will I need to buy a camera to get a good shot? I am hoping that somebody will be able to help me personally. I know you get this question a lot. It seems a small thing, but I'd rather not start using my profile until it is complete and looks professional.

Thank you,

London Howell

Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
2 of 4

Hi London H,

One of the members of this community has suggested to open the photo in photo viewer and drag it directly from there, that is what I found from this thread:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-do-I-rotate-my-profile-photo/m-p/238880/highlight/tr...

In case it doesn't work out, you may need to contact the customer support.

Happy New Year 2017!

Thanks,

Samrat

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@London H wrote:

Hi. I am trying to set up an Upwork profile so that I can actually get to work, but it seems that no matter what I try, my profile photo will not rotate to the correct orientation.

London.jpg

Rightclick on the above and choose "save as..."

Save it to your desktop

Upload as your profile pic.

If that does not work, send the original to me as a private message and I'll get it sorted for you, but it might be a few hours-tomorrow- in 2017....

London H Member Since: Dec 31, 2016
4 of 4

Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS