🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't Select the Hire Button
Page options
f73db4eb
Community Member

Can't Select the Hire Button

Hi I'm new to Upwork and intersted in hiring for my first project. However, I'm encountering problems when I try to select the Hire button. 

Specifically, I navigate to my project and its proposals, select the freelancer I am interested in hiring, select 'Hire Freelancer', select to pay the full amount, and Agree to the Terms of Service but am unable to select the Hire button. I do not get an error. The button just remains grey and cannot be clicked.

I've done some trouble shooting and can confirm, I've verified my billing, I have a phone and address associated with my account.

Am I missing something? Why can't I hire for this project?

17 REPLIES 17
JoanneP

Hi Matt,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5b0a9946
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I am having this same problem today. Can you help?

Hi Heather,

I checked and it looks like you already sent an offer to a freelancer. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I managed to do this via an incognito window. It still doesn't work
otherwise though. I think it may need looking into.

I can't even find the Hire button! I can see all the other info, but not how to hire a person. That's kind of important.

Hi Hannah,

I would be happy to help. I would like to clarify that to be able to post jobs and hire other freelancers you need to create a client account.

You can use our marketplace as a freelancer, an agency, and a client. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

To add a client account to your profile please follow the steps below: 

1. Go to Settings > Contact Info and scroll down to Additional accounts.
  2. Choose New Client Account.
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

You can find more information here. Feel free to also check this page to help you hire the right freelancer for the job. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aa81f5d3
Community Member

I am having the same problem

Hi Anicoverse,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Im having the same problem now. I have given all the necessary information but I can't click Hire. Kindly help.

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The 'Fund contract & hire' option is grayed out due to incomplete information on your account, specifically your address. Don't worry, this is just a system default that prevents us from sending the offer when information is missing.

To ensure smooth invoicing, we kindly ask our clients to provide this information. Rest assured, your address will remain confidential and won't be visible to other users.

To enter the address, you may:

1. Log into your Upwork account.
  2. Go to the My Info section: https://www.upwork.com/ab/my-info/
  3. Scroll down, under the Company Contact section click the 'pencil' button (screenshot). 
  4. You'll be prompted to enter your address, State, city and zip code (screenshot). 
  5. And then click the 'Save' button. 

Once completed, this should allow you to send the offer and hire a freelancer without getting an error. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane,

I have already done all the suggestions here and I am still having the same problem. I made sure I had a client account, I added my address to my profile, I logged out and logged baqck in, restarted my computer, accepted cookies, still, button is grey. What could be the issue here? This has taken up so many hours though this  should be a platform that makes life easier. Not an attack, I am just beginning to have doubts.

Never mind, I was able to fix it. Seems although I do not have a VAT number, I had to click on that link within my profile and fill out that form, leaving VAT ID blank. It could have been a combination of everything I did, along with waiting it out so my changes would be updated, but after this last thing is when I could finally make the hire. Hope this is helpful for others!

a8878e00
Community Member

I am having the exact same issue. I cannot hire for my first porject. The "Fund Contract & Hire" button is greyed out even after confirming all billing info.

Hi Luke,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while sending an offer to the freelancer. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents who will help you with your issue.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e589d1db
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I don't even see a hire button. I have my address and all unput too.

Hi Arvind,

I wasn't able to replicate the error you're referring to. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or try with a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e589d1db
Community Member

I'm looking at this directly on the app for client. Not on the browser

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths