🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can’t Upload portfolio pictures in correct ra...
Page options
tlargent
Community Member

Can’t Upload portfolio pictures in correct ratio for photographers

Please help me if I'm missing something here. I'm not an expert, but after doing product photography for a couple years learning, I decided to come to Upwork to see if I could bid on some projects for pay. I tried to upload my work in my portfolio only to see it cropped in the middle as a rectangle. After a while trying to get it to work, I just asked support and they said it must be a 4:3 ratio. To my seasoned photographers, I don't believe this is even a common ratio for photographers? In Lightroom and even on the iPhone there isn't a standard 4:3 crop option. Composition is the key, so why are they limiting us to only 4:3? Do they not want photographers using their platform? I have found in the forum this has been a topic, but it's been years ago and still hasn't been fixed.  If I can't upload my actual crop ratio I want to be seen by a client what's the point for the portfolio. Again if this is incorrect and there is a work around please let me know. 

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to upload your work as a portfolio. I see that you have already reached out to our support team who have clarified that an aspect ratio of 4:3 is currently a supported format to upload photos. They have also confirmed that they will submit your concern as a suggestion to our engineers in order to have more flexibility with the portolio images. However, we are unable to guarantee its implementation or confirm the timeline for the same. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths