🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't accept offer
Page options
jkinney5
Community Member

Can't accept offer

I got my first offer, but I can't accept it. Instead, it asks me to review the terms and says "Only an Agency Manager can accept or decline this offer. Message yours now." Huh? Who is an agency manager, and why does that person have to accept my offer? I sent a message asking whoever it is to accept it, but I haven't received a response. This is frustrating because the offer is right there waiting to be accepted -- I even talked to the client on the phone, but she didn't know what was going on. I was required to sign up through something called iWorkGlobal Upwork Payroll, if that helps.

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Jeff, sounds like you're an exclusive agency freelancer, in which case only the agency manager can accept offers as the message stated. Hopefully, a moderator will provide more info tomorrow during California business hours, but in the meantime you might notify the client that you've contacted support and are waiting for a reply. I can't provide more info myself because I've never worked for an agency.

Community Manager

Hi Jeff, 

It looks like you were able to sort this out as the client has explained this in detail. Let us know if you have further questions about this contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jkinney5
Community Member

Yes, but the explanation should have come from Upwork. I shouldn't have had to ask the client what the heck is going on. And I'm still stuck waiting for an unknown period of time (days? weeks?) for some unknown person somewhere on Earth to approve my offer. This, combined with the fact that my first two "offers" were obvious scams (let's chat on Google Hangouts, what bank do you use, etc.), has made my overall experience on Upwork nothing but frustrating. I do appreciate the responses, however.

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry about the confusion, please note that you've received an offer from an Enterprise client, which you can confirm by checking the related job post via the link included on the offer page. Setting up enterprise contracts entails a different procedure than accepting offers from regular clients, and I see you were able to navigate to the onboarding part of the process. Our team will follow up to complete the process, afterwhich a contract will be created and you can start working with the client.

Please check this Help article for more details and congrats on the new contract!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am encountering the very same issue, Please provide me a solution for it, Thanks 
Looking forward to hearing back from you

Hi Adnan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths