🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't add a profile picture
Page options
arthur-tyler
Community Member

Can't add a profile picture

Every time I try to upload a profile picture, I get an error saying something went wrong. I have tried clearing cookies, resetting cache, turning off privacy settings and have used firefox, chrome and brave browser as other users and moderators have suggested. I don't know what else I can do to get my profile up and running.

6 REPLIES 6
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also getting this same error message when trying to upload a picture.  Can I also get assistance?

Hi Kristopher, 

Before I proceed, could you please confirm if you have tried basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your browser's cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

Please also make sure that you are using a headshot style photo for your profile picture, and you are not wearing sunglasses, or using logos, logos, clip-art, group pictures, and digitally-altered images for your profile picture. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

I confirmed that I cleared the cookies in browers Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge.  The photo is a headshot that meets the specifications below.  

Dimensions: 5184 X 3456

Format: JPG

Size: 5.25 MB

I found that the picture was too large.  I reduced the size of the .JPG and was able to upload.

Thanks for the help!

That's great, Kristopher! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths