cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy Connects

Ace Contributor
John F Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
1 of 7

I recently had my financial transactions limited due to (apparently) a client who opened a duplicate account. I am currently subject to the hostage taking of al available withdrawals by Upwork until that can be worked out on the client's end. I was alerted to this issue after the contract had ended, but was told that I could continue to work and be paid to my frozen account.

I have just depleted my connect balance ( I paid the ten bucks to upgrade the account earlier) and it does not renew for a week or so.  When I try to purchase Connects, my request fails. I know it is not a failed payment on my end because the rules require an immediate downgrade upon payment failure and that downgrade has not happened.

If anyone else has faced this and has a solution so I am not dead in the water for the next week, please share. If a moderator can bend the ear of CS to offer an answer to my open ticket, please do.

I will stomp off to the woods to hunt for the weekend instead of working here as planned and hope Upwork decides they value my 100% JSS and income generation for them so I can get back to work on Monday. Hug a Vet this weekend!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi John,

I'm sorry about the hold placed on your financial accounts. Please note that the ability to purchase additional Connects is also limited when your financial accounts are suspended. Someone from our team will follow up and update your main support ticket shortly.

Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Thanks Vladimir:

I didn't pick that up in the ToS but perhaps CS will point that out to me. The suggestion that I can continue to work without allowing the purchase of Connects wen depleted seems a bit empty.  In any event, thanks for the information, it does any the question of the value that Upwork places on my efforts here.  I will check back on Monday to see what options are availabe to me.

Ace Contributor
4 of 7

Update:  Thank you for your attention, Vladimir. My account has now been fully restored.

Goran G Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
5 of 7

Tried to buy some conntects an got this message
b9lnZbt
Is that it? Is it possible to buy connects? Thank you in advance

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 7

Hi Goran,

I checked this for you and I wasn't able to replicate the issue. Please clear your cache and cookies and try one more time. If the issue persist let me know and one of our agents will assist you directly.

Also, please check this and this help articles for more information about paying for membership and what kind of PayPal accounts are acceptable for paying for membership.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Goran G Member Since: Apr 7, 2017
7 of 7

Please clear your cache and cookies and try one more time. 

Hi Bojan, thank you for response. I tried in private browsing mode of different browser and got the same message. I am not sure what is going on. Full situation is this:
I had PayPal connetcted and yesterday I went connecting Payoneer acc. after which I got message it should be ready after 2-3 days of checking which sounded ok. Then I tried to pay (Funds are there in card connected to PP and that shouldn't be problem for PP purchase afaik) and got this message. Now I am not sure if that is related to adding new payment to Upwork (Payoneer) or something else.