cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't change client account type on freelancer

Aleksey S Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
1 of 12

I just created an account for corporate email, but mistakenly chose myself as a client. I need to switch the profile type to freelancer. Unfortunately, the settings menu is very limited and does not allow me to create a new account as described in other articles in this community. Please help with switching my account to freelancer type.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 12

Hi Aleksey,

Please go to My Info and at the bottom of the page click Create a New Account and you will be able to open a freelancer profile. Thank you.

Untitled
3 of 12

Hello Goran,

As you can see from the screenshot at the attachment there are no any additional options, links or tabs at the bottom of the 'My info' page. Where I have to find Create account link?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 of 12

Hi Aleksey,

Please go to Settings and Click on the My Info tab on the left side like in the screenshot below:
1213.PNG

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the button Create a New Account, once you click on the button follow the instructions on how to create a freelancer profile.
Capture.PNG

If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

Untitled
5 of 12

It was necessary to create an answer on Two-Factor Auth question. Only after that, it was allowed to open 'Personal info' link.  But now before I can create Freelancer Account site asking me to update my address. I do not clearly understand what does it mean. Could you explain?

6 of 12

Hi Aleksey,

You will need to add your address on your account before opening a freelancer profile.

To do this go to Settings > My Info, if you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
7 of 12

Goran, as you can see from the screenshot, there is no any edit/add button at the `My info` page to add any address. There I can find it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 of 12

Thank you for the confirmation Aleksey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with opening a freelancer profile. 

Untitled
9 of 12

Hello Goran,

Are there any updates on my issue?

10 of 12

Hi Aleksey,

Our team will resend the ticket to you again and assist you further directly on your ticket, thank you.

Untitled