🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't change client account type on freel...
Page options
93e39634
Community Member

Can't change client account type on freelancer

I just created an account for corporate email, but mistakenly chose myself as a client. I need to switch the profile type to freelancer. Unfortunately, the settings menu is very limited and does not allow me to create a new account as described in other articles in this community. Please help with switching my account to freelancer type.

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aleksey,

Please go to My Info and at the bottom of the page click Create a New Account and you will be able to open a freelancer profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

As you can see from the screenshot at the attachment there are no any additional options, links or tabs at the bottom of the 'My info' page. Where I have to find Create account link?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aleksey,

Please go to Settings and Click on the My Info tab on the left side like in the screenshot below:
1213.PNG

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the button Create a New Account, once you click on the button follow the instructions on how to create a freelancer profile.
Capture.PNG

If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It was necessary to create an answer on Two-Factor Auth question. Only after that, it was allowed to open 'Personal info' link.  But now before I can create Freelancer Account site asking me to update my address. I do not clearly understand what does it mean. Could you explain?

Hi Aleksey,

You will need to add your address on your account before opening a freelancer profile.

To do this go to Settings > My Info, if you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, as you can see from the screenshot, there is no any edit/add button at the `My info` page to add any address. There I can find it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the confirmation Aleksey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with opening a freelancer profile. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Are there any updates on my issue?

Hi Aleksey,

Our team will resend the ticket to you again and assist you further directly on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How long time I need to wait for feedback from your team? I need assistance ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Hi Aleksey,

Our team reached out to you again and you should be able to finish your profile now.

If you experience any problems let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am having the very same problem in switching from client to freelancer. There is NO option to create a 'New Freelancer Account' (see included screen grab). The only option shown is 'New Client Account.'Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 2.18.11 PM.png

Hi Kody,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that you initially had a freelancer account. You also managed to add a client profile. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You can easily switch between them as needed by going to your profile picture here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you! I'm new to Upwork, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I appreciate the direction. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths