🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't change email on account
Page options
itldesign
Community Member

Can't change email on account

Hi, I submitted to change my email on file (to be the same that I use daily) and the website said "You have a pending request to change your email address to "email". To complete this request, please check your inborn at that email address to confirm ownership of that account." I never received the email to verify the change. How do I go about completing the switch? It may be worth noting that the email I am switching to was used before as an upwork.com email and was closed because I previously did not have the time. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian, 

I have forwarded your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
bmacaraeg
Community Member

Hi Avery, if there a way you can also forward my concern to the support team? I cannot find answers using the chatbot. Thanks!

Hi Brendon,

I've shared your concern to the customer support team and one of the customer support agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having same problem, I have this message in contact info:

Email change request pending

You have a pending request to change your email address to ******. To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account.

I never recieved confirmation email, i checked spam, resennded it many many of times and so on.
Could you please help?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrej,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrej000
Community Member

Just sent you PM, Thank you Bojan! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Andrej.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
chwb93
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I am trying to change my email address through my account to an email address I used on a deactivated/closed account. It says I need to confirm the change but all I receive is an email saying "This email confirms that you changed the email address associated with your Upwork account. No further action is required." but nothing is ever changed. 

Hi Avery. I am having the exact same problem as Ian L.

"Email change request pending" status, and I have resent the email at least 5 times. Can you please have customer support contact me? Thanks.

Frank

Hi Frank, and Chelsea 

I'll share your account details with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chwb93
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I am trying to change my email address through my account to an email address I used on a deactivated/closed account. It says I need to confirm the change but all I receive is an email saying "This email confirms that you changed the email address associated with your Upwork account. No further action is required." but nothing is ever changed. 

bmacaraeg
Community Member

I also have the same issue and I did not receive the verification email to confirm that I own the email address. 

naveedulaziz
Community Member

I’m trying to change my email. When I change my email, a warning appears saying, ‘Email change request pending

You have a pending request to change your email address to myaddress@myhost.com. To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account.’ But I did not receive any email even after trying several times.

Could you please help?

Hi Naveed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It was a while ago that I underwent this so forgive me if I am wrong but I believe all I had to do was reach out to the Upwork team and they were helpful.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths