cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't change email on account

Ian L Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
1 of 13

Hi, I submitted to change my email on file (to be the same that I use daily) and the website said "You have a pending request to change your email address to "email". To complete this request, please check your inborn at that email address to confirm ownership of that account." I never received the email to verify the change. How do I go about completing the switch? It may be worth noting that the email I am switching to was used before as an upwork.com email and was closed because I previously did not have the time. Thanks.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 13

Hi Ian, 

I have forwarded your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Brendon M Member Since: Mar 24, 2019
3 of 13

Hi Avery, if there a way you can also forward my concern to the support team? I cannot find answers using the chatbot. Thanks!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 13

Hi Brendon,

I've shared your concern to the customer support team and one of the customer support agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Andrej N Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
5 of 13

I am having same problem, I have this message in contact info:

Email change request pending

You have a pending request to change your email address to ******. To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account.

I never recieved confirmation email, i checked spam, resennded it many many of times and so on.
Could you please help?
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 13

Hi Andrej,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Andrej N Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
7 of 13

Just sent you PM, Thank you Bojan! 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 13

Thank you for following up, Andrej.  

~ Bojan
Untitled
Chelsea W Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
9 of 13

I am having this same issue. I am trying to change my email address through my account to an email address I used on a deactivated/closed account. It says I need to confirm the change but all I receive is an email saying "This email confirms that you changed the email address associated with your Upwork account. No further action is required." but nothing is ever changed. 

Highlighted
Frank W Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
10 of 13

Hi Avery. I am having the exact same problem as Ian L.

"Email change request pending" status, and I have resent the email at least 5 times. Can you please have customer support contact me? Thanks.

Frank

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS