cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't change email on account

itldesign
Ian L Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
1 of 16

Hi, I submitted to change my email on file (to be the same that I use daily) and the website said "You have a pending request to change your email address to "email". To complete this request, please check your inborn at that email address to confirm ownership of that account." I never received the email to verify the change. How do I go about completing the switch? It may be worth noting that the email I am switching to was used before as an upwork.com email and was closed because I previously did not have the time. Thanks.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 16

Hi Ian, 

I have forwarded your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
bmacaraeg
Brendon M Member Since: Mar 24, 2019
3 of 16

Hi Avery, if there a way you can also forward my concern to the support team? I cannot find answers using the chatbot. Thanks!

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 16

Hi Brendon,

I've shared your concern to the customer support team and one of the customer support agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
andrej000
Andrej N Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
5 of 16

I am having same problem, I have this message in contact info:

Email change request pending

You have a pending request to change your email address to ******. To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account.

I never recieved confirmation email, i checked spam, resennded it many many of times and so on.
Could you please help?
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 16

Hi Andrej,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Untitled
andrej000
Andrej N Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
7 of 16

Just sent you PM, Thank you Bojan! 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 16

Thank you for following up, Andrej.  

~ Bojan
Untitled
chwb93
Chelsea W Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
9 of 16

I am having this same issue. I am trying to change my email address through my account to an email address I used on a deactivated/closed account. It says I need to confirm the change but all I receive is an email saying "This email confirms that you changed the email address associated with your Upwork account. No further action is required." but nothing is ever changed. 

frank-tomas
Frank W Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
10 of 16

Hi Avery. I am having the exact same problem as Ian L.

"Email change request pending" status, and I have resent the email at least 5 times. Can you please have customer support contact me? Thanks.

Frank

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS