🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't change my name (greyed out) on ID Verif...
Page options
3768a99e
Community Member

Can't change my name (greyed out) on ID Verification.

Rencently I chaged my name [from nick name (ibrahim khalid) to Real name (atif Zulfiqar)] and now when I go to ID verification it doesn't let me change name (screenshot attached) due to which I am unable to verify my ID.
Moreover it also doesn't let me change my profile picture.

Thanks.Profile pic won't changeProfile pic won't changeReal name on profileReal name on profileOld name showing on ID Verification.Old name showing on ID Verification.

12 REPLIES 12
bd4fffab
Community Member

I'm the same, I would like my preferred name but I can't change it either 

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

i have the same problem what was the solution?

Hi Nebiyu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Atif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and you should be able to upload your photo now. Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3768a99e
Community Member

Thank you Nikola, Profile Photo is changed but other issue is still same i.e. My name "Atif Z" is showing on profile but when I go to ID verification, Previous name "Ibrahim Khalid" is still greyed out and can't be edited.

I will be thankful to you if that is resolved real soon 🙂

Name won't change.png

Hi Atif,

Clear the cache and cookies of your browser and try again. If it's still the same, contact Upwork support by opening a ticket. They are super helpful.

Best Wishes.

Hi Atif Z,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
af2babc5
Community Member

i have the same issue, can't change my name (greyed out) on ID Verification.

Hi Liu,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
af2babc5
Community Member

i still have the same problem, can't change name, can't verify my id

Hi Leo,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths