🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't change my phone number.
Page options
jomerriam1
Community Member

Can't change my phone number.

I have been struggling with this Profile for 2 weeks!   I entered my landline office phone number, and completed my Profile.  Got to the verifying phone number part and instructions said they would only TEXT to my phone number.  Can't text to a landline!  I tried every which way to change my phone number to my cell, but directions lead nowhere but to a vicious circle.  HELP!   I'm trapped in this bloody circle and can't get out, can't add a phone number, can't change a phone number!  I can't even cancel my account and start over!  Directions say to go to "Accounts" menu, then "Settings", then "Contact Info".  The only Account is for my profile.  There is then no "Settings", and no "Contact Info" to go to.

Are there any actual humans out there that can help me?

21 REPLIES 21
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the phone verification process. A member of the team will be reaching out to you directly to assist you.

~Nina

i have same issue i want to add my phone number but unfonutley it says that your nuber used for another accoutn. can you help please 

my phone**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Kamal **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I want to change my phone number on my account but I can't change it since it's asking for a one time pin but I already lost that phone number. Is there any way I can change that?

Hi Queency,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Jo, go here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/contactInfo#/ It should take you to you Contact Info section. If it doesn't then there's something preventing that info from being edited - maybe because you're still in the setup phase and not validated yet. Not sure. Try that link and see.
kamalk646
Community Member

i haave same issue do u know whom should i connect

Hi Kamal,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't edit my phone number so that I can provide a number that can receive a text.  Based on forums this an issue creating frustration.  May I edit my phone number in the sign-up phase.  Thanks Mike Kenny

Hi Michael, 

Could you please check if you are still unable to edit your phone number in the registration process?

~ Avery
Upwork

The create a profile hasn't changed.  All efforts loop back to submitting 5 digit code to verify the phone number.  No option to edit the phone number.

Is there a way to close the account and start over?  I am at the sign-up stage before phone verification and can't seem to go into setting to close the account and I can't move forward with the registration process as well. 

I see in the string others have spent a couple of weeks trying to verify the phone number.  I would like to finish the sign-up process as quickly as possible and use your well-regarded service.  I respectfully request we delete this account and I allow me to start a new profile. 

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

Please know that users whose accounts were closed are not allowed to create new accounts to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Kindly follow up on your open ticket so that our team can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue discusses in this thread. I am currently in the "create your profile" page and am being asked to verify my cellphone. I have accidently entered an incorrect cellphone and although at this page it is allowing me to enter a new phone number, i keep getting an error message that says "you failed to provide verification for this phone number. please provide a different number". Can you please assist?

Hi Cindy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b69c84e8
Community Member

i am trying to register my account, but i can not change phone number during registeration proccess

Hi Ba,

I checked your account, and I saw that you already have an open ticket regarding this concern. One of our team members has already updated your ticket requested for more information. Please reply to the ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, i have same issue. I had verified my number with a different freelancer account,when i was not aware that same client account can be used for creating freelancer account. Now i am not able to register my number on the freelancer account, even after removing the number from other account. (i will close the other account once i setup this freelancer account). The error i get is the number is used by other account, provide different number.

Hi Praveen,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already chatted with our team regarding your concern with your phone number verification. If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
shwetank_qa
Community Member

Hi,

Everytime I try to update contact number on upwork agency, It fails to load changes successfully. Please help update contact number.

Hi Shwetank,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble updating your phone number. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths