cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change my phone number.

Jo M Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
1 of 6

I have been struggling with this Profile for 2 weeks!   I entered my landline office phone number, and completed my Profile.  Got to the verifying phone number part and instructions said they would only TEXT to my phone number.  Can't text to a landline!  I tried every which way to change my phone number to my cell, but directions lead nowhere but to a vicious circle.  HELP!   I'm trapped in this bloody circle and can't get out, can't add a phone number, can't change a phone number!  I can't even cancel my account and start over!  Directions say to go to "Accounts" menu, then "Settings", then "Contact Info".  The only Account is for my profile.  There is then no "Settings", and no "Contact Info" to go to.

Are there any actual humans out there that can help me?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the phone verification process. A member of the team will be reaching out to you directly to assist you.

~Nina
Kamal K Member Since: Jul 20, 2019
3 of 6

i have same issue i want to add my phone number but unfonutley it says that your nuber used for another accoutn. can you help please 

my phone**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Kamal **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
4 of 6
Jo, go here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/contactInfo#/ It should take you to you Contact Info section. If it doesn't then there's something preventing that info from being edited - maybe because you're still in the setup phase and not validated yet. Not sure. Try that link and see.
Kamal K Member Since: Jul 20, 2019
5 of 6

i haave same issue do u know whom should i connect

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Kamal,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS