🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't complete my application; phone number i...
Page options
anna-jenks
Community Member

Can't complete my application; phone number is not accepted.

Hello, I can't submit my application; I get a message that my country code needs to be digits. I have no idea what digits to put. I also get a message that my phone number needs to be digits. I am pretty sure I know what digits are, though I am feeling pretty silly at this point. Already looked on the community discussions with no luck. 

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Anna,

When you log into your account on Upwork, you will be prompted to provide your address and phone number. Once you complete the fields, submit your profile for a review and it's approved, you should be able to apply for jobs.

Screenshot_7.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
rjhawkins100
Community Member

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem. It may have to do with a US mailing address and a Mexico phone number. Is there a work-around?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your quick response, Aleksander.

I am unable to complete phone number verification, I get the error attached in the screenshot

Hi Jalpa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

I am having the same issue as Jalpa and cannot move further with my application.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Damien.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths