🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't create new account
Page options
d18f7e48
Community Member

Can't create new account

My friend is trying to create a new account but keeps getting this error: "This almost never happens but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance." Clicking on the "contact support" link just leads him here where he can't post because he doesn't have an account. Can anyone help?

15 REPLIES 15
prachi163
Community Member

Has your friend tried clearing the cache and the cookies or using a different browser?

Yes. He's tried with three different browsers and a separate computer altogether.

Ok. Maybe a moderator would be able to help you better in this case.

Hi Katrina,

Please advise your friend that opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS, our team can reopen his/her closed account and they will be able to log in and bid on jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thanks for replying so quickly. If he has an existing account, then it's an old, unused one. Can you help recover the account if there is indeed an existing one? He's tried logging in and resetting password with different usernames and email addresses but they all say: "Oops! Username is incorrect." or "Invalid username or email".

Hi Katrina,

Please send me a PM(click on my name) with your friend email if you know it and I will assist him/her further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I hace crearted my account. Its not being approved. i have try many times still same issue. Now its sayinh we are unable to close and ur suspended

Please help me in that case I really want you use this platofrom. As i am unable to process. Kindly look over it and verified my account. I have all the legal documents.

Hi Nageeeed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked with our team and all limitations from your account have been removed. You can now close your account. 

Let us know if you need our assistance with closing your account.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
28f6edcf
Community Member

Hi, Actually My Friend is Having Problem in Creating a new Upwork Account, He Don't have any Previous Account, this is the first time. When he Click on the Sign up button and then choose his google ID, then Upwork says " Validating Email " after that its just redirect to the login page and nothing happens.

Hi Kaleem,

You can suggest your friend try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) to see if that helps. If they need further help, they can message us on any official Upwork social media pages so we can assist them further. You can find the direct links in the footer section of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, whenever I try to sign up I get this notification: "This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance.

My current email is not associated with any Upwork account. I tried using a different browser but it's the same.

What should I do?

Hi Yanie,

Could you please clarify if you're trying to sign up with another email address? The account you have used to post here is a freelancer profile. You can also continue using this account and update your email address, or even open a client profile under the same account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oh ok. I thought my old account (using a different email) was already
closed because I wasn't able to use it for a long time and I got an email
last August that if I can't log by September it will be closed.

Hi Yanie,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with your accounts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths