🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't fill in my city
Page options
daphnechan
Community Member

Can't fill in my city

Hi

I'm from Singapore, and it in itself is a city.

There is no option or "drop down" list for me to fill in the city.

Does anyone has similiar issues?

Thank you.

252 REPLIES 252

Hi Rishi,

Could you please try checking again using a different browser or after clearing your cache and cookies? If you are still not seeing the drop-down menu, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

There is no drop down menu appearing no matter what I fill there is no drop
down
Rishi

Hi Rishi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jamie-paton
Community Member

Same for me - I tried clearing cache and cookies but still doesn't work. Help needed please.

cognoscentis
Community Member

I have the same problem

Live in Moscow, Russia

Already tried to pass city in address line and different browsers

Still, there is no dropdown menu in City box

Hi. On the create account page, there's a field 'City'. I start typing and there's no dropdown list to select a city from, so I can't finish creating my account. Please advise.

I am from Armenia, and I have profile issue. I cannot fill in my city. there is no option or Drop Down list, pls help me 😞

Same here. I'm from the Philippines.

abhisheksoni24
Community Member

Yes i have facing the same issue..

Hi, 

I am from UAE and have the same issue. Please advise.

nathnuts
Community Member

I already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above but still experiencing the same issue.

bhagyalakshmi_n
Community Member

Hi there, I am trying to fill out my profile details but somehow, I am not able to update my city, please help.

urmetivask
Community Member

Hey, when I try to tyoe in my city, it says: Please select a city from the list. But there's no list

Hi All,

Just to confirm that our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on solving it as soon as possible. Our team will also reach out to all affected users directly and we'll also post an update on the main Community thread Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am also unable to fill City field and tried everything mentioned in the above comments.

mila_prenda
Community Member

I have the same problem. There is no any drop list and I can't fill in my city. 

ihsanqadir
Community Member

I am able find city name on upwork when i am updating my profile.

kleemarketing
Community Member

I'm unable to complete my profile. When I am asked to provide a city, I am told I have to select from a list... but no list shows.

knallenw
Community Member

I am at the end of my application for Upwork and it will not accept my address. No drop down box will appear and when i enter it manually the "city" will not work. 

Hi Kayla,

Sorry you are still experiencing the issue with adding your address. Let us follow up with you directly via a support ticket and assist you with this.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem-- I've cleared my cache and tried registering on two different devices. It asks me to select a city from the list, but no list appears, regardless of what state I select.

byron-stanford
Community Member

Same thing here, just in Denver, USA but there is no dropdown for ANY cities. Can't set up my account

ghazranka
Community Member

I am unable to input my street address into my profile. When I start typing in my adress a drop down menu does not appear.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Collin, 

It looks like you were able to add your address already. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

~ Avery
Upwork
desarea-doodles
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and cannot put my town name as the city.

Desarea

Hi Desarea,

Please start typing your address under the Address tab and you information should see a suggestion from google to chose your full address. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I did that. I input my address and it does not recognize my street
address or location. Then it tells me to manually type my address.
When I do this, it pulls up West Sacramento or West " another location from
a different state" even though I listed that my state was Mississippi.
Thanks

Hi Desarea,

Can you please try these basic troubleshooting steps? Please clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser. Make sure that your browser is updated to its latest version (Upwork works best in Chrome). Restarting your computer and modem for a few minutes might help, too. If possible, try using another computer. Then, try to add it again.

Let us know if it will still persists. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Could you help me? I am unable to add my city to my profile, and therefore cannot complete the application. This is holding me up so much. I am from Hong Kong.

Hi May,

Please start typing your address slowly under the Address tab and you should see a suggestion from google to chose your full address. Can you also please try using a different browser? If further help is needed let us know, thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An. It's still not working. I've tried Firefox and Chrome, cleared the cache each time and retyped my address. Still nothing.

This is getting to be really frustrating.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi May, 

Will you please share the screen grab of the error you are getting, making sure that you black out any private information? I was unable to replicate your issue, and I want to look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Having the same problem. Tried it on Chrome 3x, restarted, cleared cache and cookies - NOTHING.

Please help. I can't complete my profile because of this annoying problem.

hbostic
Community Member

I am trying to upload my profile but I live in a small town that is not on the drop down list. What do I do? My town is New Castle, VA

Heather,

Upon checking your account, it shows that your address is updated. Please reach back if you need further assistance. 

cantalini-kayla
Community Member

When filling out my address my city **edited for Community Guidelines** located in British Columbia, Canada does not appear. How can this be corrected so that I can fill out my address with accurate information? 

Hi Kayla, 

I was unable to replicate your issue. I wanted to check if you were typing your address in the "Start typing your address" box? 

~ Avery
Upwork
cold_victor
Community Member

Hi there! 

When registering, I specified not the address of registration, but the actual address of the residence in the "Contact info" and "Tax information" fields. Now I realized that i need to specify the address of registration. But I ran into a problem. The is no my city in the list. This is a small village, actually.

I also have to pass verification soon and I am afraid this will be a problem.

And will it be okay if I specify the time zone not at the place of registration, but the one in which I am at the moment?

Hi Andrei,

Can you please send me a PM with your correct address details so I can check? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths