🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My city is not listed
Page options
daphnechan
Community Member

Can't fill in my city

Hi

I'm from Singapore, and it in itself is a city.

There is no option or "drop down" list for me to fill in the city.

Does anyone has similiar issues?

Thank you.

252 REPLIES 252

So... I sent a PM with correct address like two days ago. And still no answer.

Hi Andrei, 

On your next reply, will you please note what was the city you were trying to add that was not available on the options listed?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

It's

Kirovo 655672, Republic of Khakassia, Russia.

Hi Andrei, 

I just checked this on my account and your city Kirovo does appear in the drop down menu. Once you type your city in the City field you will have 3 options to chose from in the drop down menu. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yeah, I can see these 3 options. Two of them is not Kirovo. It's "Kirovo-Chepetsk" and "Kirov". And another one is Kirovo, but from "Kurgan Oblast". That is not where my city located. Just the same name. My Kirovo is in "Republic of Khakassia". It's thousands of miles away from Kurgan Oblast.

Hi Andrei,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenniferbayoca
Community Member

Hi,

I am having an issue in entering my address to the required field. It says there to choose your city from the lists but nothing comes up when I tried to enter it.

I have attached the screenshot. Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Please type your city full name and a drop down menu will be showed to select your city from. You should also fill in the full address in the tab before moving on the other fields. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your response. I've tried to do that but still no list coming up. See Attached.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble completing your profile. I have checked and it is now showing the list of cities. Could you please try again? If you still experience trouble adding your city, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I am experiencing the same problem. I have also logged in two different browsers, still list of cities are not found. 

I have tried refreshing several times also. Still no list. Help?

Kind regards,
Arielle
"Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." --Frank Tyger

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem while creating my profile.

Thanks

ef1c44ce
Community Member

My city name is tehsil mehar but the list showing Mehar dp pk and some others I don't even know these cities what should I do plz help

Hi Akhtar,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like you were able to successfully update your address. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

To whom it may concern, I am also having this issue come up. I put in my address, but no city shows up and I cannot complete my profile. I’ve tried putting in multiple addresses or cities, but no cities are shown.

I look forward to your response, thank you.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you tried filling in your full address on this box? 

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 1.53.00 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
msdimock
Community Member

Yes I did.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
shelita30
Community Member

As I am trying to complete my application, no cities are populating. I type the letter "a" and it just states "please select a city from this list" but there is no list. I've tried all beginning letters just to see if a list will pop up but it doesn't please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shelita, 

You will need to fill-in the Address field first with your complete address, and the CIty field will autopopulate with options. 

Once you have filled-in all the fields of your application, please click on Review Application, and see if there are any errors that you need to fix in your application. If there are no errors, your profile should go to the team's queue for their review.

~ Avery
Upwork
neosight_marie
Community Member

Hi,

I have completed my profile to join Upwork but I had to use a dummy London address as there were no relevant options in the City field.  I live in the British Island of Guernsey (one of the Channels Islands).

I don't want my incorrect address to be a negative factor in my application but there was no way to enter my actual address.

Any help appreciated,

Thank you,

Marie   

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marie, 

I'll check this with the team and I'll get back to you once I have more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
matamo
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have this issue too. Can you please contact me and I'll give you my city name?

Mat

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mathew, 

It looks like you were able to add your city as shown on your Contact Info page. When you start typing-in on the City field, some suggestions will show as a drop-down menu. You can click on your city from there if you are still having issues. 

Let me know if I can further assist you with anything.

~ Avery
Upwork
matamo
Community Member

Hi there,

What I selected was an approximation.

It would be a lot more accurate, and I would have a lot more confidence
that mail trying to reach me, was addressed with 'Moreland' as the city
name.

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks for your help.

Mat
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mathew, 

I have shared this with the team so that they can look into this further. 

ETA: Hi Mathew, the team has confirmed that how you filled-in your address should be okay. However, they would like to look into it further, so that they can check why Moreland is not available in the drop-down list. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you for more information regarding this.

~ Avery
Upwork
tonster84
Community Member

i am having some issue to sent for application review.. there's always an error when i enter singapore as city? can someone help me.

Hi Xu,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you successfully sent your profile for review. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue as others do in this thread. I am a Japanese freelance living in Yamanashi prefecture, and there is no option for me to select in the list provided by the system. Please assist me with this issue, thank you.

Hi Rina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I have the same problem. I didn't find my city in Finland. Mariehamn - Åland Islands. Finland 

Can you help?

Please help me...

Hi Jas and Shiref,

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets and assist you further with your accounts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Finally, I type 0 in the city
It seems worked? Maybe now waiting for approval

Hi, I am having the same issue when trying to review my application. I live in St. Lucia and my City is "Castries", however the drop down arrow isn't available. The crazy thing is, there are other freelancers in my area who were able to use that location in their profile also. Could you be of any assistance?

ado_pasa
Community Member

Hi

I'm from Sarajevo (BiH) and I don't get any results for the city in the profile registration form.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bernard and Adnan.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I tried out the steps that the support provided me. I also deleted my old account and registered with a different one and I still get the same issue.

I'm still writing here because I lost access to the support ticket that was created with the old account, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Hi Adnan,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths