🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't fill in my city
Page options
daphnechan
Community Member

Can't fill in my city

Hi

I'm from Singapore, and it in itself is a city.

There is no option or "drop down" list for me to fill in the city.

Does anyone has similiar issues?

Thank you.

254 REPLIES 254

Hello Good Afternoon,

I'm new in upwork and i have a problem filling my city and there's no list that i can select with

hope you can help me 

thankyou .

elyareyes
Community Member

I have the same problem. I have switched to 2 browsers already and have tried refreshing several times. Still same problem occurs.

Hope someone could help me out also.

Kind regards,
Arielle
"Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." --Frank Tyger

Hi Arielle Joyce, and Dwayne, 

I wanted to check if you tried filling in your address in the "Start typing your address box?"

~ Avery
Upwork
elyareyes
Community Member

Yes Avery. Actually I did. Still same error.

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Kind regards,
Arielle
"Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." --Frank Tyger
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

Both Goran and I would like to check if you have tried typing in your complete address in the address box, before filling in your city information? 

We tried replicating it, and when we filled in our complete address in the address box (complete with city information), and started typing in our city in the City box, it autopopulated with the city information. May we ask that you please try that first? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 3.16.39 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I have attempted this in the form of street number, street name on one line then city and state on next line, have also tried without state, with and without zipcode etc.

I can't even type in my complete street address because the letter "ø" in my address isn't available. I tried replacing it with "o", though, and still nothing.

Hi Joseph and Melissa,

Thank you for the follow up, our team will investigate this further and assist you both directly via ticket. You can access your tickets on this Link.

~ Goran
Upwork
elyareyes
Community Member

Hi Avery, still the same error.

Attached a screenshot for reference

Kind regards,
Arielle

Hi Arielle,

Our team will reach out to you as well, thank you for the follow up.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran!

Kind regards,
Arielle

I'm unable to complete my profile. When I am asked to provide a city, I am told I have to select from a list... but no list shows.

Hello

I am trying to register my application. I am from Romania and when i type my city Bucharest, there is no drop down menu and it doesn`t accept it otherwise

Hello! 

I am trying to create my Upwork profile and I cannot put in my address. Could you help me? 

Hi Emily, 

I wanted to check if you've tried filling in your address in the "Start typing your address" box? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I'm facing the same problem while creating my profile. Thanks

I badly need help. I can't send proposals due to "update address error". I checked settings and it shows my correct address. Tried to use another browswer but it's still the same thing. I tried to edit the city but it won't show the drop down list. 

Hello, I am from Kenya and I cant fill "Nairobi" as my city.  Please help. Thanks.

Hi All,

We can confirm that this issue has been resolved and you should be able to complete your address details by selecting the city from the drop-down menu. If you experience the same issue again please follow up on your support ticket and our team will take a look. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue caused you and thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

This issue needs to be escalated. No dropdown is presented when requesting a city. No address is found when searching for an address. This issue has been present since 2014 and needs to be corrected. I'm not sure I want to bother freelancing through a website that is poorly maintained. Please realize that most developers have already used multiple forms of media to attempt to complete these fields. I am very disappointed in my experience here thus far..

zytes_
Community Member

I am having the same problem, could you please help me fix it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tristan, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you have tried basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork
reemy88
Community Member

Hi Avery 

I Cant fill, the city box, please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reham,

Looks like you were able to complete your profile and submit it for the review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of your approval status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I have the same prolem. I can't fill in my city. 

it's a municipality actually. Carmona, Cavite.

Thank you!

Hi Pauline,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kosha79
Community Member

Hi

I'm from Mariehamn - Finland and didn't find my city in the drop list. How can i add it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shiref, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
059eaeac
Community Member

I have a similar problem, i'm from Côte d'Ivoire, and i can't fill my City in the Freelance account, how can i do?

Hi Youssouf,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing and it was escalated to our Technical support team. Please allow more time for our team to carefully review the issue and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7f7014b3
Community Member

Hi, I encountered the same issue, Hong Kong is not accepted as a city. I already tried logging in with another browser. 

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I can't fill in my city too. 

I'm from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Hi Rijad,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5d9d7075
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I am not being able to fill my current location as the system is not able to find Rourkela as a city. Please help.

Hi Thumree,

Please start typing your address on the first line and you should see a drop down menu with suggestions on your end. Once you've selected one of the suggestions everything will be autopopulated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There is no dropdown 

Can someone please help me fill in my city, i live in curacao and i am not getting the options

Hello Andrea,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

same problem

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths