🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't find Direct to local Bak option in Gett...
Page options
11d788af
Community Member

Can't find Direct to local Bak option in Getting paid

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and started working on a project, but now that I have been trying to set up the getting paid account, I am unable to find the Direct to local bank option.

I currently live in Lebanon, which means I have access to neither PayPal nor Payoneer. I don't prefer setting up a wire transfer account because it doesn't suit me. We only work with Visa cards and I believe that in order for me to be able to take money out of my bank account, I can create a Direct to local bank option. However, I am unable to find this option. Can you please help me with what to do?

7 REPLIES 7
836408d7
Community Member

Try an account with TransferWise, they're very good for this sort of thing. You'll be given US account details to transfer money into, you can then convert it to your local currency within the same account, and withdraw to your local bank.

Hello, thank you for your answer, however, the TransferWire option takes 30$ withdraw fee on each payment. And in my case, If I am working on a project which budget is 20$ or 30$ like at the moment, I will be losing more than winning money, which doesn't really help me in my case.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ala,

While Direct to Local Bank option is available in a lot of locations but, unfortunately, it's not available everywhere. You can find the list here.

When you go to Settings>Get Paid> Add a Payment method, you'll see the list of options available in your location at the moment. If an option isn't available on that pop up, it won't be possible to set it up. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

However, now I have no idea what to do in this type of situation because since the budget of the project I am currently working on is 30$ ( becomes 24$ with upwork fee), and the transfer wire will be taking 30$, then in this case I won't be able to gain 1 penny, instead I will have to pay 6 dollars.

What do you suggest I do in this case?

Ala,

I understand that withdrawing smaller amounts using Wire Transfer may not be feasible. I believe a lot of freelancers who use that method may let more earnings accumulate on their Upwork balance before they withdraw them. And our product team is constantly working on expanding options freelancers have to access their Upwork earnings that are time and cost effective.

~ Valeria
Upwork
r_619
Community Member

Hello! I am Lebanese too and I just got my first job. I'm facing the exact same problem.  I've been trying to figure a solution out for a couple of days now and was wondering if you have managed to figure anything out . Anjad one tries their best to make some money on the side in this country but they keep destroying our options ..

hadikallas
Community Member

Hello Rima,

We are all aware of that situation, I am facing the same problem. The options are destroyed by our country, not by Upwork... Upwork is probably the best platform to use for freelancing.

I know that you sent this message months ago, but my advise is to think about withdrawing, if your earnings are  200-300+. Then the wire transfer might be a good option for you.

Since it is april 2021 now, did you manage to get paid in any sort of way?

I am currently looking for a solution to this problem, and will share it will all the lebanese freelancers on upwork, that are facing the same problem.

Thank you,

Hadi

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths