🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't find my profile by category!
Page options
n-abada
Community Member

Can't find my profile by category!

Hello everybody,

Is it normal that my recent profile does not appear when I search for it by category?

I have filtered the search result by country and rate but it does not appear among the others!

https://www.upwork.com/hire/responsive-web-designers/

I have already scanned the entire Upwork website but I cannot find an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Noureddine,

I'd like to clarify that the page you're referring to doesn't work like the general freelancer search. In order to be featured there, freelancer profile need to meet certain requirements. We won't be able to share the exact criteria but having a stellar profile and a good Job Success Score are important factors.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noureddine,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your account by searching your name and the category (screenshot for the reference).

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
n-abada
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply.

But that was unfortunately not my question.

I wanted to say that I only searched for my profile via "category" with the two only filters available(country and rate), and without specifying particular keywords(It is not possible to use keywords here).

My rate is 55$, so my profile should be in the place indicated by a red circle on this screenshot:

upW.jpg

Thanks again for your time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noureddine,

I'll check this with our team and get back to you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience while we look into this.

~ Bojan
Upwork
n-abada
Community Member

Thank you very much for your reactivity,

have a nice day
Cordially

Hi Noureddine,

I'd like to clarify that the page you're referring to doesn't work like the general freelancer search. In order to be featured there, freelancer profile need to meet certain requirements. We won't be able to share the exact criteria but having a stellar profile and a good Job Success Score are important factors.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thank you very much for your help and reactivity.

Have a nice day
Cordially

And that's how you lost him as a customer.
I'm having the same problem.
It is impossible to get a new gig, I applied to a dozen even bought connects and used all of them.
My profile never gets traffic, untill you already have traffic.
Not friendly for new freelancers..

e_mac
Community Member

You are familiar with the "view profile how others see it", correct?
Also, I doubt you can "find" your profile while searching as yourself.

Elvira M wrote:

It actually can be done. I did it myself.

n-abada
Community Member

Hi Elvira,

Elvira M wrote:

Yes, I know about that but unfortunately my question is not related to this detail.

Elvira M wrote:

Yes, It is possible. I can find my profile using keywords related to my specialty(or my name).

Thanks again for your time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths