Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get jobs

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
11 of 12

Diladileni - You don't need to upgrade in order to get a job. All you get is more connects and a few other perks. But that alone is not going to get you a job. If you've applied to 30 jobs in just 3 days, using up your 60 connects, it's like you're thowing them at jobs and hoping some will stick. It doesn't work like that. You're just wasting your connects.

We usually tell new freelancers to raside their rates, but in this case, I think you need to lower them. There's nothing in your overview or skill sets that will make you stand out and be worth $30 an hour, especially in the Admin section.

If you have some special nich, a special skill that will make you stand out and will encourage a client to hire you above everyone else, then yes, you can charge $30 an hour. The Admin categor is extremely saturated and is very hard to get into unless you can convience a client why they should hire you above everyone else.

I may get blasted by saying this, but her goes. - IMO you should cut your hourly rate in half, (if not more). I'm NOT saying to start charging $3 an your, or $5 an hour, but in your profile's overview you just don't show anything that any other freelancer has.

Also, be a bit more selective in searching for jobs.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carly L Member Since: Nov 21, 2016
12 of 12

You probably won't get any jobs until you removed all the plagiarised text from your profile (it's easy to find the original source with a quick Google search) and replace it with something that authentically represents what you have to offer potential clients.