🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't land first job
Page options
35961ce3
Community Member

Can't land first job

With over 2 years of customer service experience, I recently joined this platform, convinced that my skills would secure me a job in no time. But alas, it's been a challenging journey. Despite submitting 80 proposals to clients, not a single one has been accepted. I've polished my profile to perfection, yet I still can't seem to land a job. Can you offer any suggestions on how I can secure my first gig?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Abhishek,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Abhishek,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
862a9293
Community Member

Hi,

I dont know how to say this, but as a freelancer, I feel that Upwork was far better when it was Odesk. There were responsive jobs and landing your first gig was never a problem. Since it has taken over by Upwork, it has become useless. I have been applying to jobs for the past few weeks now and none of them is responsive. All my connects are wasted and they are not opening up my ' Available Now' badge since I have not been able to earn yet. This is patehtic. If Upwork is luring us to keep buying more connects that is something else. There has to be a timeline for the employers to hire someone and if thy dont, our connects should be redeemed. So that we can use them to apply to more jobs. How can a newbee get his first job when they dont have any rating or reviews. Kindly revise this pathetic system of yours so that we can work properly. thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths