🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't link twitter bug
Page options
markovsyannikov
Community Member

Can't link twitter bug

I'm trying to make my profile 100% complete. I am currently at 95% complete and all I have left to do is to link a social account to my profile. I tried to link my Twitter account to my profile, but every time I attempt to do so I am told "This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance." I've tried many times, and even on two other browsers. I am currently using chrome. Alternatively, I attempted to link my Google Plus, and when it looked like it did something, my account was still at 95% completion. But it would be nice if I could just connect my Twitter. Thanks in advance for the help!

42 REPLIES 42
markovsyannikov
Community Member

Also, I can't seem to contact them directly.

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused to you. One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further with this! Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
rmarwick
Community Member

I'm having the same problem!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robin,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I've searched the forums for an answer and I can't seem to find one. I've also been trying to link my Dribbble account, but I can't. I've tried other browsers and I still have the same problem. Can you please help? I'm trying to have my profile be at 100% finished so my profile can be visible.

Thanks,

Dalila

Hi Dalila,

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you via email to assist you with this issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
njana_co
Community Member

I have the same problem please help!

Hi Noureddine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
haysketch
Community Member

I'm getting the same issue, not sure what's going on?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shannon, 

I wanted to check if you have tried basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork
bkcpl
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Yes, I did try using a different browser but the problem persists.

Kindly support.

Khanjan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BKC,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further with this! Please change your profile name, note that you need to have your real name on your profile. You can go to your Account Settings> Contact Info and update your profile name. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
raajendra007
Community Member

try again later error message displayed always while linking twitter account

Hi Rajendran, 

I've forwarded your account details to the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I also could not link my google or twitter account to my upwork account

Hi Kuljit,

We've had one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket directly. Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I’m having the same issue. How do I fix it? I’ve tried multiple browsers.

Hello Diana, 

Sorry to hear that. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly.  If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to us here at any time. Thank you

Thank you.

Untitled

Same issue here...

Hello Nadine, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.  

Thank you.

Untitled
ashik_ab
Community Member

Hey,

I'm also getting the same issue here. Can you please help me? 

Regards

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD Ashikur, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you via email to assist you with this issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried multiple browsers. Twitter account.

Hi Alexander, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having this same problem. I keep getting an error message when trying to link my Twitter account. Is there a solution?

Hi Christopher, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I'm having the same problem. I've already been reached by a customer service rep, but what I was told to do didn't solve the problem. I've already reached out to Twitter and Dribbble and they're saying it's a problem with Upwork. 

I was also wondering where I can contact customer service aside from the forums? 

Please help—this problem is very frustrating as I'd like to complete my profile as soon as possible. 

Dalila

Sorry Dalila, but there's probably no hope. I asked about this problem probably around 3 months ago and I haven't gotten any technical support or problem fixing yet. If the problem has been fixed for someone please correct me, but it seems like Upwork support doesn't care about this problem and no one is getting any answers to this problem. 

Looks like Upwork really doesn't care. They get 20% fee, why they need to
care about users?
049981e1
Community Member

I am also having the am issue. Can I please be assisted with this. 

Hi Imani,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I'd just like to confirm, are you seeing an error when you tried to link your Twitter account? Could you please clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser before attempting to link your Twitter account again? If the issue persists, please confirm the error message and a screenshot of the error. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
zzzrrr
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with my dribbble account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander, 

I wanted to double-check the attachment. Was this the notification you received when you tried linking your Dribbble account to your Upwork account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
zzzrrr
Community Member

Yes, that's right. I tried different browsers but it didn't help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander, 

I've reported this to the Customer Support Team, and a member of the team should get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
vossilius
Community Member

+1

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Mark O wrote:

I'm trying to make my profile 100% complete. I am currently at 95% complete and all I have left to do is to link a social account to my profile. I tried to link my Twitter account to my profile, but every time I attempt to do so I am told "This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance." I've tried many times, and even on two other browsers. I am currently using chrome. Alternatively, I attempted to link my Google Plus, and when it looked like it did something, my account was still at 95% completion. But it would be nice if I could just connect my Twitter. Thanks in advance for the help!

That can't be the reason your profile is not 100% complete. I don't have any links in my profile, and it is 100% complete. 

"That can't be the reason your profile is not 100% complete. I don't have any links in my profile, and it is 100% complete."

It sure can be and it really is. I guess maybe there's a glitch on your end or something. I've done just about everything and the only thing I can do to add that last 5% is the social account linking. Which isn't working.

@Mark O wrote:

"That can't be the reason your profile is not 100% complete. I don't have any links in my profile, and it is 100% complete."

It sure can be and it really is. I guess maybe there's a glitch on your end or something. I've done just about everything and the only thing I can do to add that last 5% is the social account linking. Which isn't working.

Mark, 

This is just one way of completing your profile (and it is only worth 5%). You can use other criteria (without a link to any social media) to make your profile 100%. Have a look here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063188-Create-a-100-Complete-Freelancer-Profile

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths