🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can’t log into my freelance account
Page options
ab184d23
Community Member

Can’t log into my freelance account

Hello there,
I’m having trouble logging into my freelancer’s account using google sign in. I’m not sure, but it might be because I created two accounts. First was a client type, the other one was freelancer. I’m new to this platform and at the time I wasn’t aware of the strict terms. Is there anything I can do to get the freelance account back? I created this one with Apple ID just to be able to post this message.Thank you in advance for any replies.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for following up. I restored the account you were referring to as per your request. Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one Freelancer account on Upwork.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LuiggiR

Hi Damian,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for checking the terms. As a reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS. I can see that both of the accounts you created are client profiles. Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the username and email address of the account you'd like to keep?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab184d23
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,
Thank you for the quick response. For some reason the message page doesn’t want to fully load, so I’m writing here. The account I’d like to keep is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for your help!

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for following up. I restored the account you were referring to as per your request. Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one Freelancer account on Upwork.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab184d23
Community Member

Thank you very much! So if I understand it correctly it’s in line with the rules to have one client account and one freelance account on two different addresses? Should I close the account that I’m writing from right now?

Hi Damian, 

I checked with our team and they confirmed that you are allowed to keep this client account. You don't have to close the account you are posting from. In general, you can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab184d23
Community Member

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths