🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't post a job
Page options
becacamhi
Community Member

Can't post a job

Hi,

I'm trying to look for a freelancer/post a job but I seem to not have the client interface?

The website asks me to log in and then automatically takes me to look for jobs, instead of "post job". How can I post a job? Is there a fee to being a "client"?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebeca,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this! You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed.

To create Client account on your current account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you will see options as on the pictures below. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Meanwhile, please go through this Help Article and find out how to make an offer and hire a Freelancer. You can post a job, verify your payment method, review proposals you receive, send an offer and hire a freelancer to complete this work for you, and process the payment as explained here. I'd also strongly recommend you to review the client resources we shared here. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Screenshot from July 14, 2018 12_20 PM.png

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I reached the My Team tab but there is not any option of creating new account. Help!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mubeen,

Being a freelancer now, if would like to hire others as a client, please go to Contact info tab under your Account Settings and locate the Additional accounts section. There you'll find the "New Client Account" button that will lead you in the flow for the creating a client account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths