🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't refund client
Page options
cleandream
Community Member

Can't refund client

Just like the title says, I can't refund a client. I worked more than halfway meeting the milestone. He paid 1/3, but that was the end of the contract. I continued to work and finished the project. I tried to refund him and I thought it went through, but it's still open. Now I can't refund him.

Need someone with some assistance since both the client and I are new at this.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander M wrote:

Just like the title says, I can't refund a client. I worked more than halfway meeting the milestone. He paid 1/3, but that was the end of the contract. I continued to work and finished the project. I tried to refund him and I thought it went through, but it's still open. Now I can't refund him.

Why would you want to refund (send the money back to the client?)

We thought it was a milestone but it was the entire contract. So once the project finished yesterday, he sent another contract & paid the full amount.

Alexander M wrote:
We thought it was a milestone but it was the entire contract. So once the project finished yesterday, he sent another contract & paid the full amount.

That was unwise, you should have settled the matter with the first contract. A canceled contract with no money paid can be bad for your JSS.

JoanneP

Hi Alexander, 

A member of our customer support team will reach out to assist you further via email. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket so that the agent can assist you efficiently. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths