🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't register new freelancer account
Page options
a78a51c0
Community Member

Can't register new freelancer account

Hi Upwork supporters,

My friend is a good developer and he want to become a freelancer member of Upwork.
But when he sign-up an account, when click next button of step 2, he always got the message:
"This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance."
How to my friend can register new freelancer account?

Thanks.

52 REPLIES 52
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Modi,

If you know the email address your friend is trying to use to register on Upwork, could you please send it to me in a PM and we'll assist him further! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jane_kml
Community Member

My sister is having the same problem. She wants to sign up on upwork but same message appears.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane, 

For privacy reasons, we are unable to disclose more information to you about your sister's account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jabasafae
Community Member

Hi Upwork supporters,

My sister want to become a freelancer member of Upwork.
But when she sign-up an account, she got this message: (the attachment)
How to my sister can register new freelancer account?

Thank you for your help

Hi Safae,

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,
Can the problem be solved? My sister is waiting for your answer..
Thank you!

Hi Safae,

I replied to your PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

I have a friend who is trying to create an upwork account but he is having issues. ¿Could you help me?

Thanks!

Hi Pablo,

Does your friend is experiencing any problems on their end? If yes, do you know about it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

[image: image.png]

Hi Goran, thanks a lot for helping. This is what he sees when trying to
create the account.

Kind regards,

Pablo

Hi Pablo, 

Please send me the image via PM (Click on my name), thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My wife has the same problem with message "This almost never happens, but something went wrong..."

She is not able to sign in / open new account. Can anyone assist please?

Thanks,

Nikola

Hi Nikola,

I'll send you a PM shortly, please respond on it and I'll advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi,

my friend is trying to sign up and he's getting error when pressing next. please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi May,

Please advise your friend to try clearing their cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to check if they`re still experiencing the same issue. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello ! I have also a problem. I can't submit my account because I couldn't view the choices on "Select Proficiency". Here's the screenshot copy. I hope you can help fix this. Thank you in advance.

Hi Jeva,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding your English proficiency. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
31d8bfe0
Community Member

I  signed up in order to comment on a project one of my clients had issues with. (I have an account under **Edited for Community Guidelines**)

But it just says I'm a member and I can't access my profile or try to create a freelancer profile.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hello.
My friend can’t register. How can I help him?

Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kateryna,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your friend's concern and email address they are using for registering. I'll check that for you and advise you further accordingly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My brother wants to register new account and start working 😑 bt same error mentioned by modi..

Hi Suraj,

Please send me a PM (click on my name) with the email your brother is trying to sign up, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nitimkc
Community Member

HI my email address is **edited for Community Guidelines** This is the same email address i used to sign up for freelancer account on upwork.com and it does not work. Please kindly fix the issue so I can start creating my profile.

Best, Niti

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niti, 

Are you trying to close this account, and register for a new one? Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork. I can see that you were able to login to your account with no issues, with the account associated with the email address you noted on your post. Let me know if I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
nitimkc
Community Member

I cant access any account with upwork and I should only have one account
associated with this email address.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niti, 

I would like to confirm if you are getting a cloudfare issue when you're trying to access the Upwork website? If so, please know that we have received similar reports, and the team is working to resolve the issue. 

Let me know if you are referring to a different case so that I can look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
3ec25764
Community Member

Hi, Im having the same issue creating a freelance account. Could you please help me?

Hi Daniele,

I checked your account, and this account that you used in the community is a freelancer account. Are you having issues with completing it to 100%? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ec25764
Community Member

I figured out what was the problem.
It was the city field inside the registration form.
Thanks anyway
Daniele

Hi,

My friend has big project to work on upwork but can't start as has same registration issue. May I PM you his email? I will highly appreciate if you can help with that as that project is extremely important for our company and my friend is very valuable for bringing it done in time.

Regads

Grigor

Hi Grigor, 

Was your friend able to do some of the basics of the registration process? If so they should be able to post here in the Community. Otherwise, they can contact us through our other support channels and we'll be happy to assist your friend further.

~ Avery
Upwork

He did all required and fulfilled account, but he got message that upwork get's 10000 requests each day and it's only for chosen ones and so on... **edited for Community Guidelines** I see no objective reasons why he got refuse. He is very high level professional in embedded programming (there are very few such level pros on upwork, guess can count on one hand). 

Here is his profile link. He said he resubmitted profile now, but that don't looks right 😞

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Grigor, 

Please know that Upwork does not discriminate against color, race or national origin. We are happy to welcome freelancers who have skills and experience that are in demand in our marketplace.

I would like to note that your friend's registration has already been accepted. If he needs help with anything, he can reach out to us directly and we'll assist him further with his concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

Yes, I know about upwork policies and exactly that's why this situation was very unexpected for me.

Just got confirmation that his account is active now, thanks a lot for quick answering and help!

Have a nice day and take care.

Regards

Grigor

19fd0bfe
Community Member

hi I'm having the same problem to make the registration, not allowing me to register with my mail, is something that has never happened to me.

Hi Jose Alberto,

I checked and can see that you successfully verified your email. Are you referring to that you attempted to register with an email that's different from the one you used on the account you're currently posting with? If not, would you mind clarifying?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b768bd98
Community Member

Hi, I need you assistance. When I type my email in to create an account the app either doesn't respond or referes me to clients app. 

Hi

We were able to solve the issue we had by going to Google Chrome Settings and clearing the cache. Once we did, we were able to register the new Upwork account. It was suggested by another community member.

Hope that helps!

Hi Thabiso,

It looks like you already have this client account open. Please know you can create a freelancer profile from your account by going to your Settings! Check out this help article to lern more.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths