🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't register new freelancer account
Page options
a78a51c0
Community Member

Can't register new freelancer account

Hi Upwork supporters,

My friend is a good developer and he want to become a freelancer member of Upwork.
But when he sign-up an account, when click next button of step 2, he always got the message:
"This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance."
How to my friend can register new freelancer account?

Thanks.

52 REPLIES 52
741ad72f
Community Member

Every time I complete the section of my profile, it won't let me click 'Next' although I've completed all of the sections. How can I get to the next section?

Thanks

Hi Emily,

If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

It doesn't even let me get to that part. The 'Next' button simply doesn't let me press it, it remains grey. 

I have attached photos so you can see.

Thanks

Hi Emily,

I just checked your account and can confirm that you have successfully submitted your application for a review. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review to be completed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello! My wife has the same issue. She can't sign up. How can we solve it?

Thank you,

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with your wife's account? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same here. My daughter is trying to create an account but she can't get past "Validating your email / Checking your email." There's no error message, just a neverending loading icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Jacqueline,

Can you please send me a PM with the email address she registered with? I'll be happy to check and assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf3354ef
Community Member

This is still a problem, four years later. I've been trying to register a freelancer account for myself for almost a week, and have gotten the same message. I've contacted support, and all they've done is ask four days after submitting the ticket if the issue was still ongoing. 

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while creating a Freelancer profile. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gabrielagacela
Community Member

My Boyfriend has been trying to get into Upwork and is getting the same error, he has tried several times with no luck. 
He can't get pass the registrations page

Hi Gabriel,

I understand your boyfriend would like to contact support and resolve the issue with setting up their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths