🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't see my contract in the time tracker
Page options
gretchen-kramer
Community Member

Can't see my contract in the time tracker

The client approved my proposal but I'm unable to start the project. What have they or I missed in the process?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "What if I don't have my payment method verified yet, not the client."

That doesn't matter.

re: "Would that impact them sending me an offer?"

No.

re: "Or is it a completely independent action and I can get an offer regradless?"

Yes.

Independent.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
lysis10
Community Member

You have to accept their offer. Also check the start date. Sometimes they set it at a future date.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

There is no offer available but my proposal approved according to the client. The job was posted today as an invite only. The date range is less than a week long.

My payment method has not been verified yet. Would that cause an issue?

Gretchen K wrote:

Hi and thanks for your reply.

There is no offer available but my proposal approved according to the client. The job was posted today as an invite only. The date range is less than a week long.

My payment method has not been verified yet. Would that cause an issue?

oh, yeah then you haven't been hired. They have to send you an offer and you have to accept the offer.

oh yeah and they need to verify their payment method before you start, but first step is the offer.

What if I don't have my payment method verified yet, not the client. Would that impact them sending me an offer. Or is it a completely independent action and I can get an offer regradless?

re: "What if I don't have my payment method verified yet, not the client."

That doesn't matter.

re: "Would that impact them sending me an offer?"

No.

re: "Or is it a completely independent action and I can get an offer regradless?"

Yes.

Independent.

Gretchen K wrote:

What if I don't have my payment method verified yet, not the client. Would that impact them sending me an offer. Or is it a completely independent action and I can get an offer regradless?

No, has nothing to do with you. Client has to send you an offer and verify their payment. The issue is on the client's side. When you get an offer, you'll know it. You get an email and a message in the job feed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gretchen, 

Jennifer has been really helpful regarding your question. And I would just reconfirm what she said. Before you start on any contract make sure that

• the client sent you an offer
  • you have accepted it
  • it is showing as an active contract on your My Jobs page
  • the client's payment method is verified

Ensuring that the above are met will help you become payment protected while working on Upwork. These are just the bare minimum, and I would recommend that you read up on the link I noted above to know more about how you can be payment protected on Upwork. 

I would also recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
bryan_arv
Community Member

Hi, this has happened twice to me this 2020. Client hired me and did not appear. I asked first client to rehire me through my Freelancer profile and it did appear. The 2nd client hired me at my Freelancer profile but nothing is showing in my Upwork Time Tracker even it is logged in using my Freelancer profile. I don't believe I should login with my "Agency Profile" in tracker because I never read such a thing. I hope I get support ASAP. 

Hi Bryan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your issue. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on the ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksander! The active contract not showing on My Jobs page.

Hi Marwen,

I checked your account and I can see the active contract in your My Jobs> All Contracts section. Could you please try checking again using a different browser? If the same issue persists, please confirm the job you're referring to by sending me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
l-marwen
Community Member

Hi Joanna! Yes, the same issue persists even with different browsers.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marwen,

Is the My Jobs page empty on your end or you're seeing an error message? Also, could you please check the All Contracts page to see if your contract is currently shoving there?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
l-marwen
Community Member

Hi Bojan! My contract is active but not showing on My Jobs page.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marwen,

Can you please share the screenshot of the "My Jobs" page?

~ Bojan
Upwork
l-marwen
Community Member

Yes, sure!

Hi Marwen,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot. It looks like your active contract is showing on the screenshot you took. If you click on the title of the job, you will see more details about the contract (milestones, budget, etc).

~ Joanne
Upwork
l-marwen
Community Member

Okay, thank you! But it's okay if it's not showing on my work history like work in progress like the contracts that I had before.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Marwen,

Contracts take about 24 hours to appear on your profile after your client pays at least $1.00. Contracts not meeting this minimum are hidden from your profile and excluded from your work and feedback history.

You haven't submitted your work yet and have received payment. Once you do, then the active contract will show in your profile's "in progress" section. You may want to read more about getting paid for Fixed Price contracts here

~ Joanne
Upwork
l-marwen
Community Member

Okay, thank you so much!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths