🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can’t seem to get Rising talent or JSS
Page options
ijezie1997
Community Member

Can’t seem to get Rising talent or JSS

I’ve been active on Upwork for about 3 weeks now. I wouldn’t say I’ve set the world alight but I’ve done fairly okay. I’ve gotten 4 jobs from four different clients and I have two jobs in progress.
But still, my profile is still bare with no badge whatsoever. I feel it may put clients off. My profile is 100% completed.
My question is, can I do anything else to boost my chances of getting the rising talent badge?
4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chukwuebuka I wrote:
I’ve been active on Upwork for about 3 weeks now. I wouldn’t say I’ve set the world alight but I’ve done fairly okay. I’ve gotten 4 jobs from four different clients and I have two jobs in progress.
But still, my profile is still bare with no badge whatsoever. I feel it may put clients off. My profile is 100% completed.
My question is, can I do anything else to boost my chances of getting the rising talent badge?

I don't believe clients care much about rising talent or JSS (unless that one is really bad). Some clients even prefer to work with new freelancers for reasons I'm not going to get into. No, there's nothing you can do about it, it's a completely automated process.

Your profile is good, the only thing I find a bit questionable is referring to accounting degrees as fancy degrees. Nobody ever thought of a accounting degree as being fancy. But that's my personal opinion, it might appeal to your clients that you are so self-deprecating about it. 

Thanks for the reply.
You make it seem like clients don’t care about the badge which I don’t think is true, I’ve even seen it posted in posts as a criteria to applying.

It just seems unfair how Upwork randomly gives the rising talent badge to some freelancers but totally neglects others.

Hi Chukwuebuka,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Chukwuebuka I wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
You make it seem like clients don’t care about the badge which I don’t think is true, I’ve even seen it posted in posts as a criteria to applying.

It just seems unfair how Upwork randomly gives the rising talent badge to some freelancers but totally neglects others.

It isn't unfair. Upwork is running a business. They can accept as many and as few freelancers they want - it's based on a ratio between supply and demand. I suspect the give the rising talent on some kind of algorithm too, maybe also connected with supply and demand, but I have no proof for that. So in short, it's upwork's business, and they can run it any way they want to. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths