🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't seem to get any work
Page options
pmcgrade
Community Member

Can't seem to get any work

So I've been on UpWork now for a few years. I managed to build up 200 connects over the years from being inactive. Over the last year or so I've tried applying to different jobs and can't seem to land any. I'm down to 30 connects and judging by the past results, it seems that nothing I do is working. I've tried changing my portfolio around. I've tried rewriting it. I've tried writing proposals a million different ways. It seems nothing I do is working. I can't get the attention or win any proposals and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I'd like to freelance but it seems impossible. Any help would be great.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile visibility is set to Private. You may want to set your profile visibility to Public to increase your visibility in the search results. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths