🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Profile picture uploader won't work for m...
Page options
p-andrew
Community Member

Can't upload profile image

Hello, Upwork.

I'm Modovian Andrew P. I want to be a upworker now. So I have created my account today, but I can't upload my image on profile. My image size is 400px by 500px. But error message is displayed as like this "Can not upload image at least 250px by 250px size". What's the problem on there? I hope to help me ASAP quickly.

I will wait good news about that.

Thanks, Andrew

139 REPLIES 139

Hello,

I have tried uploading 3 different photos. Each meeting the criteria. Have tried different browsers, clearing cashe and cookies. The message changed from "250px by 250px" to just plan  "cannot save". 

Please help. I cannot finish my profile without it. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Skylar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with uploading your profile photo. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, 

I am also having this problem. I have tried clearing the cache, uploading a new photo and nothing seems to be working. I would really like to sumbit my profile but this is preventing me from doing it. 

Hi Kathleen,

Please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,
Thanks for your response, I have tried this and it still isn't working.
Please help me upload this photo its my last step before submitting my
application.

Hi Kathleen,

Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly attach the photo you wanted to use as your profile picture. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,
Thanks for your response, I have tried this and it still isn't working.
Please help me upload this photo its my last step before submitting my
application.

Maybe Upwork is facing the problem in detecting your face, that is why you should crop your image, here is another great tool for online image resizing. https://resize.live

SUBJECT: Can't upload jpg as my profile picture.

Got same error message both on my Android mobile phone and ALSO on my HP Windows 7 desktop/Chrome browser.

Tried repeated times, same error message:

"Can't upload image. Close

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Betty,

Could you please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

what a life saver

Hello! I am new member to upwork and I can't upload my image even after cleaning cookies and cash.

I tried different sizes but nothing works.

I want to change the profile picture,but it's not working please help.

Hello Muhammad,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser or photo to check if the problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
alpna95
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried several times to upload profile picture. everytime it says only images can be selected.

I am ytrying only JPEG/PNG formats all below 1MB. Clear picture as per guidelines, still same issue.

Kindly help

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alpna,

Please follow the steps I shared with the OP above and you should be able to upload the photo and submit your profile for review.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Create your image atleast with 250 X 250 that's it. Resize your image from here: http://resizeimage.net/

simon1bd
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to upload profile pic, please help

Hi Simon,

Please follow the instructions I shared in my post above and you should be able to upload a profile photo. Please also enter all the required information in order to submit your profile for review.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir, I am using firefox, cleaned the browser history including cache, cookies and still unable to upload the profile pic and getting the message: Please use a photo that is at least 250px by 250px or increase crop size. Pls help. Is there any way to bypass the profile pic requirement?

Hi Simon,

Could you please follow the instructions on the screen and upload a picture that's at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
visual3darch
Community Member

im trying to complete my profile but picture can,t be uploaded please help me

Hi there,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then pease try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Also note that in completing your profile, you will need to use your legal name. Thank you!

~Nina

keeps turning photo 90 Degrees! as well as rejecting!!!

Hi Stephan,

Apologies for the late follow up on your post. I edited the photo you shared so please download it and try uploading it to your profile. Let us know if it worked.

As an explanation, if the picture you were trying to upload was taken using a smartphone, the file may have some meta data attached to it. The solution is to follow the instructions shared here to resolve this issue or alternatively to crop the photo taken by your mobile phone, to prevent it from being uploaded sideways.

Please follow the steps above if uploading a different photo and as a bonus tip, you can consider throwing on a smile for the camera and your future clients.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
gregory-sowa
Community Member

I attempted to upload a picture for my profile, but I was thwarted by the size requirement. This particular picture is good enough for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, but not for my profile here - due exclusively to the size requirement. It is the only picture I have of myself that works for this type of thing. Must you really be so strict about this particular requirement?

Hi Gregory,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading your photo as a profile pic. At this time, profile photos must meet the requirements of being JPEG, PDF or PNG and at least 250px by 250px. Unfortuntely we won't be able to change these requirements at this time.

~Nina
rbrooks9331
Community Member

I can't upload a picture, it's too big. I don't know how to fix that.

Hey Rose, have you tried making it smaller, so that it fits the frame.

For Linux desktop, I would suggest:**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Rose and Marlone, 

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Additionally, use some photo editing tool to crop/resize it.

Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kurukulla
Community Member

Hey,

I've uploaded all pictures of me I possess and still "Sorry. something went wrong. We were unable to upload Your picture".

I mean this website is fine and I want to apply for a nice job offer, but its just a website so come on. I literally used my Indian Visa and CV pictures and they were rejected. So standards are high!

I also used two Pixabay portraits of clealrly visible woman just to check if its something wrong with me and still no luck.

Hi Sonia,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wr1996
Community Member

Hi,
I'm trying to fill out my freelancer profile page and your platform will not let me upload a picture. I've tried three different ones and they system does not detect my face. This is very aggrivating. Can I send you the picture through a private email?
jodypm
Community Member

Hi William,

Try following this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Can-t-upload-profile-image/td-p/301996

Best regards,

Jody PM

priceryan88
Community Member

The profile picture uploader won't work for me. I can't drag it over my face for a profile picture. And also, anyone else find it surprisingly difficult to contact someone real from Upwork to communicate with on issues? 

Hi Ryan,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
danat61
Community Member

Hi there,
I have experienced the same problem.
JPEG, meets the requirements of at least 250x250, size 66Kb, picture showing my face and shoulders.
Tried Chrome, Firefox and Opera with cleared cash and cookies.
Once I press "select image" and actually select it, it brings me back to the page with no changes (save button is not clickable). Is there anything else I should try?
Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Danat.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with uploading your profile photo. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem, my pic is only around 800kb, everytime i push the add photo button nothing happened. Please help.

Hi Ares,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths