🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't upload image.
Page options
p-andrew
Community Member

Can't upload profile image

Hello, Upwork.

I'm Modovian Andrew P. I want to be a upworker now. So I have created my account today, but I can't upload my image on profile. My image size is 400px by 500px. But error message is displayed as like this "Can not upload image at least 250px by 250px size". What's the problem on there? I hope to help me ASAP quickly.

I will wait good news about that.

Thanks, Andrew

139 REPLIES 139

You guys need to get this fixed. I've filled out the entire profile and can't save because the image will not upload.  I've tried various image sizes.

Hi Josh,

Please make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
caroline-barrera
Community Member

Hi, i tried to create my upwork account however everytime i tried to upload the image i attached here, it says there is a problem uploading the image. I also tried to upload a dirrerent one but still i get the same error. Can you please help me upload this picture? I dont know if the problem is because i am using a smart phone in creating my upwork account and not a desktop or a laptop. Please help me. Thank you

Hi Caroline,

Could you please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gouri_vishali
Community Member

Hi Vishali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To upload your profile picture please go to your Upwork account and click on the 'Add a Photo now' button as shown in this screenshot. After the popup window opens, click on the button 'Select Image' and select the image you wish to upload. After the image is selected, you can confirm with clicking on the green button 'Save'. You can check this screenshot for reference and this help article about building your profile. If you experience any issues uploading your profile picture, try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This picture won't upload. I've tried uploading it as medium, small, and actual size, uploading from my phone and desktop, clearing my cache and cookies, and using chrome and safari, and cropping it to just my head and shoulders. Would appreciate any help!

96da0f40
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and have been tryng to upload a profile photo. I have cleared the cache, and used different photos, but I keep getting an error message. Need help. Thank you!

hucks
Community Member

Hi, my name Abiodun, I couldn't upload my image to complete my profile for submission , Tried most of the solutions prescribe for similar issues on this platform, Nothing seems to work for me.Attached below is the original image, i resized numerous times to see if it will get accepted. Thanks in advance

30e972b3
Community Member

I've looked in the community posts and some people found that changing to 250dpi x 250dpi worked for them.  I tried 250 x 250 pixels and I tried 250 dpi, and neither one worked for me.  So far I've just been trying .jpg files, and all have been smaller than 200 kb.  I can't seem to find specific file type/size/pixel dimensions anywhere on this site.  Please help.  Thank you!

4a058785
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and I am trying to complete my profile. I have had no luck in uploading a profile photo. I have tried cropped the image, clearing cache and using other browsers.

Thanks,

Sarah

estribalougen
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have already tried several times and took another photo with a clearer resolution but still can't.

Hi Aremu, Mae Dessa, Lougen, and Chloe,

I have shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you!
~ Joanne
Upwork
11865a67
Community Member

Hi! I'm currently having the same issue. Can anyone help me as well?

ginjonuskis
Community Member

Doesn't work

Sarah, Jeremy, Doods, Sam, and Gintaras,

I have shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you!
~ Joanne
Upwork
399c2772
Community Member

Nevermind, it worked
m_masset
Community Member

Hello,

So I have the same problem and read all the information.

I cropped my picture to 250x250px (250dpi), cleared the cache and tried Mozilla and Google but it's not working. 

Actually I already tried last year with another picture and it never worked either so I gave up but now I really need to validate my account on Upwork.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with uploading your profile photo. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3cb88bb8
Community Member

I don't know what the issue is with this, but I tried NONE of the solutions listed in this thread, I just kept submitting the exact same photo half a dozen or more times and finally it went through. I'm on Win10 using Chrome fwiw. The first 3-5 times it gave the error finally it went through. I didn't clear cookies, I didn't use a different browser, I didn't choose a different photo. I just kept trying over and over again and it worked eventually after about 6 tries.

buse92
Community Member

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; however, whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that something went wrong.   I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted.  How do I get past this issue?

602d7a1e
Community Member

Hi there, I'm unable to upload my profile picture. I receive a message saying something went wrong and the site was unable to save my photo. I've made sure it's at least 250px x 250px in png, jpeg or jpg. Can someone help me?

kaursarvjot
Community Member

I am not able to upload my profile pic, I tried with my several pics but didn't worked. I might thinking because of my religion my head is always covered. I need support help in this matter.

Thank you

dane-morris
Community Member

Hi.. I am having trouble uploading a new profile picture. I have tried in other browsers and have croped my image to 250px x 250px but still cant upload..

Hi All,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for sharing your report, I shared all your report with our team and this issue will be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2524c05d
Community Member

I can't upload my profile photo. I'm sure that my photo is in .jpeg and clear.
amir-gatenyu
Community Member

My image is in JPEG 251X251 PX 40 KB format and I still can't upload it

mc_martignano
Community Member

Hello, I'm having problems uploading my profile picture and I need assistance. I already tried everything that was mentioned in other posts (clearing cache, changing browser) but I still cannot upload the photo. Can someone please help?

Thanks you in advance

Maria Chiara Martignano

bde9ebd0
Community Member

I also got the same error again and again and again.

"Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image, or contact customer support for more information." 

And My profile pic has crisp resolution atleast of 250 px and is a headshot photo. what do i do now?

hristo99atansov
Community Member

Hello, i still can't upload my profile picture to submit my profile. I tried everything... can you help me further? 

jamro
Community Member

Hi, I meet all of the criteria, but I am still unable to upload my profile picture. Could someone reach out to me, please?

Kind regards,

James

78f37f5f
Community Member

I cant upload my profile picture its 250x250 pxi but still cant proceed.. Also i tried different browser and clear cache

jamro
Community Member

I am having the same issue 

edit: working after I deleted the image's background. 

linngr
Community Member

Also can't upload my profile picture 

dfef531f
Community Member

When I was uploading my profile image, it gave me this message: "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image."

Please help me upload my image, thank you.

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I have tried several photos, in jpeg, arw, and png formats, under 500x500, and cleared my cookies. Can you please help me upload the photo? 

Thank you,

Lauren

69c44678
Community Member

Hello i have tried:

Clear chache browser
Change browser
Resize my profile image
Use iOS app of UpWork

But the error message is the same

Can you help me?

Thank you
32c3af50
Community Member

tried this already but won't work. any help? attached is the photo

1012094e
Community Member

i rty everything but i can't work hewlp us ?

thanks 

muruganstudio
Community Member

Sir please help me to upload my profile I can't upload it
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths