🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can't upload profile image
Page options
p-andrew
Community Member

Can't upload profile image

Hello, Upwork.

I'm Modovian Andrew P. I want to be a upworker now. So I have created my account today, but I can't upload my image on profile. My image size is 400px by 500px. But error message is displayed as like this "Can not upload image at least 250px by 250px size". What's the problem on there? I hope to help me ASAP quickly.

I will wait good news about that.

Thanks, Andrew

139 REPLIES 139
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

I've tried to replicate and was able to upload a photo when using your account. Please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser, make sure the image you're looking to upload fits the mentioned requirements and let me know if it worked.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I can't seem to be able to upload my pic it is less than 5 mb its only 3.96 mb. Can you help. I have tried to change browsers and that does not work.

Hi Eileen,

Please note that the size of the photo you're trying to upload is too big and the rule of thumb is to use a photo that shows no more than your head and shoulders. You can opt for either uploading a different photo of a smaller size or cropping the one you shared to include the above mentioned features, and reducing its size to clarify the image.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

mine wont let me uplaod it either and its on the creat profile page and it wont let me go anywhere else

Hi Maxine,

The photo you're trying to upload looks fine, please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser and you should be able to upload it to your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have tried by changing browsers, it again displaying sorry we are unble to upload/save your image.

See my attached Image. 

Hi Sikander,

Could please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders? 

Let us know if the issue persists!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am Hira Khan. I joined Upwork in August 2020. After being approved I posted about the issue in uploading my profile picture since I carry a veil. One of the moderators resolved the issue and I was able to upload my picture in the veil.

Fast forward to December I landed my first job and was asked for identity verification. There I uploaded a picture without a veil because it was a necessary step. But now I'm getting a message that my profile picture does not meet the requirement.

What should I do? How do I verify my identity while keeping my profile picture in a veil?

Please guide me

Thanks

Hi Hira,

Our team has reached out to you with detailed instructions via ticket. Please refer to your ticket with number 30562019 and if you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly there. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When I try to re-upload the picture (as explained in the ticket) I am directed back to my profile picture. I do not wish to change it. Can you guide me on how to verify my identity without changing my picture on the display?**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hira,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post and our team will assist you as soon as possible directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello I can't also upload mine. I hope  you can help me thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandra,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mae_dessa
Community Member

Hello I can't also upload mine. I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!  

Was using Chrome Vladimir. Followed your advice and changed browser to Firefox. Same error message. Still could not upload my jpg photo.

plz help me i cant upload my profile picture in upwork

Hi Shumaila,

Could you please send us more information about the issue you are experiencing while trying to upload your profile picture? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My photo is only 624 KB and there is no save button. The only active things after I get image cropped is the "upload a new picture" and "edit" which is an "X" that closes the window. Seems like a simple add that should take 1 minute and instead messing around with it for 20.

I have shrunk to 56 kb and still no luck

Hi Debra, 

I wanted to check if you have tried clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
9c4300a8
Community Member

It doesn't work

Hi Dunamis,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? Could you also try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried every option listed and still can not upload my photo. I’ve cropped everything out it’s only my face & neck, I cleared caches,used different browser, internet connections, and different devices. Is it because I'm too ugly?

I am new to upwork and I have taken 2 weeks tryint to upload my profile picture but still its unsuccessful. Its so frustrating. I have tried all suggestions available

Hi Dunamis,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can I get a support ticket too? I've cleared cache and cookies, tried different browser, etc etc and still not working. Image is a 3.8MB jpeg and is clear resolution at least 250px250p. Please help. 

Hi Alex,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,I am new to Upwork and I am unable to upload photos.Please help

hi 

how can i add photo in my profile. i already adjust my photo. but still wont work out. everytime i drag the cursor to the save icon the photo dissapeared. i cant go to save icon coz, everytime scroll down it return back. hope to help me these.

Hi Angela,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if you are still unable to upload your photo so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

just use mobile app. and your profile pic will be posted. i did the same 

Thank you. I will try that.

Ive been trying to upload a photo for 3 days now still no luck.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Allen,

Make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. Please try to resize the image to 250x250dpi and crop it to include only your head and shoulders. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I'm experiencing a similar problem and tried following your advice but it is not working. I tried uploading the picture using Edge and Chrome. Should I get Firefox?

i have the same problem please check

Hi Mayank,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post:

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hey! I am new at upwork aswell. I am trying to upload the profile but my picture isnt uploading. Without this, my profile isnt uploading! Please help!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rizvi,

Please make sure that the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px! Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself and your face is clearly visible.

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths