🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't upload profile image
Page options
p-andrew
Community Member

Can't upload profile image

Hello, Upwork.

I'm Modovian Andrew P. I want to be a upworker now. So I have created my account today, but I can't upload my image on profile. My image size is 400px by 500px. But error message is displayed as like this "Can not upload image at least 250px by 250px size". What's the problem on there? I hope to help me ASAP quickly.

I will wait good news about that.

Thanks, Andrew

139 REPLIES 139
fdd67652
Community Member

I Cannot upload a new photo when creating my profile. Already following all suggestion but still the same. Trying with Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Mobile Apps All from scratch no cache still having the same issue

I am facing the exact same problem, regardless of which image I use (including those used on other sites), the system keeps timing out.

I got the same issue, can`t upload my photo, I tried clear cache and uploading in another browser, but still have an error

noman-jamil
Community Member

4099d107
Community Member

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; however, whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that something went wrong.   I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted.  How do I get past this issue?

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your reports. I shared your report with our team and they will resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am having the same issue.

I can't upload a profile image.

I reset cache and tried 3 different browsers.

Hi Greg,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
workwithashar
Community Member

Hi,
every time I upload a picture it says "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image or contact customer support for more information."

I've tried at least 3-4 images all JPEG. Could you please help me complete my profile?

55958a2e
Community Member

Dear support,

For some reason, I can't upload any image for my profile. I tried plenty of times with different pictures of different size and quality. Nothing works. It always writes the same: "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image."

Best wishes,

Ekaterina

ghina-hneini
Community Member

Hello,

I am not being able to upload my profile picture to my Upwork profile. 
Can someone please help ?

itsrockysingh
Community Member

I'm trying to replace an old profile image with a new one, and whenever i try to upload it keeps saying "Can't upload image. Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image." 

I've tried different images, clearing my cookies and cache, as well as switching browsers, but nothing has worked. Please help me fix this!

4748ad12
Community Member

I've same problem

3670dd1c
Community Member

I can't upload my photo on upwork too.

Hi Thao,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to upload a photo. Could you please try the steps listed on my post here? Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
mcrvideo
Community Member

Spent time creating a profile to only be left with Upwork as a broken website, doesn't allow you to upload an image, fix your website, people have been complaining about the upload a photo function for a long time, get your developers to fix the problem don't blame users for their "cache cookies" it's a development problem with the site.

HiJohan, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Could you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.

~Andrea
Upwork
c487db6c
Community Member

I have been trying to change my profile photo for 2 hour but i can't. 
Please help me that's the photo i want to put.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Don't exchange a picture where you are wearing clothes with one where you might not be. The one with clothes is more professional. 

Hi Utku,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible.

You may also want to take Martina's advice.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths