🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't verify my email!
Page options
a5df7f3e
Community Member

Email Verification keeps sending expired links

I'm trying to validate my email, but when I click on the link, it says the link was expired and it sends a new email.  When that one arrives, same thing happens.   Over and over.

Help?  I'm trying to post a job but can't get through the front door.

Maybe hire someone to fix the login page? 😉

44 REPLIES 44
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

It looks like your email address is verified already. Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing any specific error on your account? If so, could you please send a screen grab here, making sure you blackout any private information, so that I can look into this further. 

I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
4c7d4ef3
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I can't post a job - it says I need to verify my email. The email verification does not arrive in my inbox. So I need to click "resend". The resent message arrives, but when I click the link it says it's expired. Continual loop. No way past. Please help 🙂

Hi Damian,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same thing happening to me. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Paige,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble verifying your email. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
220ec61d
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

Thank you. I'll be on the lookout for support to reach out to me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paige,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I received the verification email, then click to verify, but it gives me the error below. I can log into upwork, but it asks me to verify my email, so I ask for the verification email to be resent, and I receive it, but when I click to verify it gives me the same error. I'm stuck in a loop. I tried contacting customer service, and tried getting to the support bot, but I guess both need a verified account. Please help!

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your email verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

hey, I have similar issue. I can't verify my email address. I am a new user and I use business email, but upwork can't verify my email address,it written "it almost never happens,but something went wrong please contact support".
can you help me?thanks

Hi Ardha,

Your email that your account is registered with is already verified, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
draenna
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I can't verify my email. I've tried clicking and pasting. I cant get to customer support because I dont have a verified email. I can't even go to the support page because it redirects me to verify my email 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Draenna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello sir, i have same issue. please resolve my issue as well. i will be glad. 
I have also attached screenshot of this.

Thanks in advance

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket/email and assist you further with verifying your email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Email verification link expiring issue is realy big think. when we not able to beed on any work. So why we use Up Work?

You team have to be resolve this issue.

Hi Bhavesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When i get a solution?

Hi Bhavesh,

I checked your account and see that you are already corresponding with one of our team members. Please feel free to post your questions on the ticket so that the agent can assist you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I tried from lat 10 days, still not bale to verify my email id. Every time when i click on verify email id link id show me message please check the atachment.

Please resolve this issue as sson as possiable.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Bhavesh.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the exact same issue.

I received the verification email, then click to verify, but it gives me the error below. I can log into upwork, but it asks me to verify my email, so I ask for the verification email to be resent, and I receive it, but when I click to verify it gives me the same error. I'm stuck in a loop. I tried contacting customer service, and tried getting to the support bot, but I guess both need a verified account. Please help!

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support. 

Hi Curtis,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm unable to verify my Upwork account. When I click on the link in the verification email I receive, it takes me to a screen saying that "The email verification link has expired or is incorrect". Not a great first impression of the site!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I think this is still an ongoing problem, the verification gets send to my email address but every time I click it, it says it's expired. It's a cycle of resending to my email > I click the verification button > says it's incorrect/expired > then resends me an email verification again.

My email is correct btw

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gay, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I don't believe anyone ever reached out.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damian, 

I checked your account and can see that the Customer Support Team has reached out to you last 29-September through an email. You should have received it in your email inbox, and should be able to locate it with the email subject "Unable to verify my email address." You should be able to access the same support email by accessing this page on your account. 

Please let us know if you didn't receive the email by posting an update on this thread, so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. I'm also experiencing a loop in verifying my email address. I hope this can be resolved soon. Thank you.

Hi Theanna Jane,

One of our team member will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem. Can someone help?

Hi Shaun,

I'll have one of our Support team members reach out to you to assist you further with the email verification. Please expect an update with your support ticket on this page once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Same email verify link expiring issue facing. i am not able to post a job or get any job.

9822a716
Community Member

Same thing happening to me, which is annoying as my job is time constrained!!

Hi Guy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with email verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9a51559c
Community Member

I am experiencing this ---

I can't post a job - it says I need to verify my email (**Edited for community guidelines**). The email verification does not arrive in my inbox. So I need to click "resend". The resent message arrives, but when I click the link it says it's expired. Continual loop. No way past. Please help 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ryan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your email verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
meletlidis-tasos
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to verify my account but i have reached the email verification limit and i haven't yet recieved any email from Upwork. Any suggestions on fixing this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths