🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't win further projects. Please help!
Page options
b7897cef
Community Member

Can't win further projects. Please help!

Hey Upwork!
I've joined here recently as a freelancer. I won a project once but I'm not able to win any other project further. I've bought some new connects and I'm using them for proposals. But still I can't win any other work/project. Can any one tell me if my profile needs some modification? What do I need to do? Please let me know.

TIA

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mumtaheena,

Thank you for your post. I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Update your title to be descriptive about the services you offer rather than trying to list every skill you have.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools.

I also put together a list of resources that I think you'll find helpful:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Your profile needs a lot of work. Start over. That's great you're "interested" in content writing, but can you do it? Why should a client hire you? 

Review other top-rated freelancer profiles and see how they craft their pitch. 

Start learning about content writing and improve your grammar before you continue submitting proposals. 

Thanks Robin! I have updated my profile and I think it's better than before. I reviewed some top rated freelancer profiles and got some good ideas from them. 

alexis-arinze
Community Member

Mumtaheena A wrote:

Hey Upwork!
I've joined here recently as a freelancer. I won a project once but I'm not able to win any other project further. I've bought some new connects and I'm using them for proposals. But still I can't win any other work/project. Can any one tell me if my profile needs some modification? What do I need to do? Please let me know.

TIA

Your profile descriptions are too short and you should add stuff to your portfolio. 

Okay. Thanks Alexis. I have improved my profile description. 

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mumtaheena,

Thank you for your post. I reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Update your title to be descriptive about the services you offer rather than trying to list every skill you have.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average. Upwork’s research shows clients see it as a positive signal if the profile is well written and comprehensive. Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients. Help clients understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way. Focus on how you can help clients achieve their goals. For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Be clear on your expertise and mention specialized software or tools.

I also put together a list of resources that I think you'll find helpful:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to find a better niche for yourself than trying to compete with experienced, native writers/ editors/ proofreaders. There are too many mistakes in your text, and you can't use words like wanna if you want to be taken seriously. Maybe offer writing in your native language only. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths