🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Can we post unpaid (volunteer) jobs?
Page options
bfc154f1
Community Member

Can we post unpaid (volunteer) jobs?

Hi there,

I'm "working" with a volunteer-run, unpaid, unfunded startup that was created a few weeks ago in light of COVID-19. We're building a platform where anyone who needs help runnng errands can post requests, and anyone nearby can volunteer to help.

We need help with creating illustrations for our how-to instructions for the site, and for the site in general, and would like to find a graphic designer/illustrator to join our team.

TL;DR: Because we're all unpaid volunteers with no funding, I'm wondering whether I can use Upwork to post unpaid jobs, or if that would violate the terms of use for the site?

Thanks,

Alisha

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

Giving T. wrote:

Hi there,

I'm "working" with a volunteer-run, unpaid, unfunded startup that was created a few weeks ago in light of COVID-19. We're building a platform where anyone who needs help runnng errands can post requests, and anyone nearby can volunteer to help.

We need help with creating illustrations for our how-to instructions for the site, and for the site in general, and would like to find a graphic designer/illustrator to join our team.

TL;DR: Because we're all unpaid volunteers with no funding, I'm wondering whether I can use Upwork to post unpaid jobs, or if that would violate the terms of use for the site?

Thanks,

Alisha

Yes, asking for free work is against TOS. I've flagged your post to get a mod's attention to further advise. Good luck with you endeavor.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Giving T. wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Alisha

Yes, asking for free work is against TOS. I've flagged your post to get a mod's attention to further advise. Good luck with you endeavor.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Alisha,

Thank you for your interest and efforts. Unfortunately, we do not have an option on Upwork to post volunteer jobs and it is against the TOS to ask for free work. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It's a shame

You can post a project for as little as $5, so it's practically free.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths