🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can you accept an offer to schedule an interv...
Page options
38c32449
Community Member

Can you accept an offer to schedule an interview through Calendly

I'm just starting to get comfortable with Upwork, and while I've been avoiding a lot of scams asking me to talk to them over Messager or Telegram, I've just recieved an invite where the client is asking me to to schedule an interview over Calendly. 

Is this acceptable under Upwork's ToS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

This has been discussed quite a bit.

The upshot is that no, you can't provide your email address in order to schedule an appointment using an external tool such as Calendlly.

If you need to schedule an appointment, then:

- schedule the appointment using the Upwork Messages tools and use the provided Upwork tools (including built-in Zoom) for the interview appointment

[or]

- the client can officially hire you and then you can use Calendly and Telegram or any other tool you want to.

Why can't Upwork freelancer schedule appointments with commonly-used tools such as Calendly? Why is there no scheduling tool built into Upwork?

MANY Forum participants have clearly expressed their opinion that Upwork needs to do something about this.

[Note: If it makes you feel any better, any client sending you an invitation to discuss their "job" using Telegram is almost certainly a scammer.]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

This has been discussed quite a bit.

The upshot is that no, you can't provide your email address in order to schedule an appointment using an external tool such as Calendlly.

If you need to schedule an appointment, then:

- schedule the appointment using the Upwork Messages tools and use the provided Upwork tools (including built-in Zoom) for the interview appointment

[or]

- the client can officially hire you and then you can use Calendly and Telegram or any other tool you want to.

Why can't Upwork freelancer schedule appointments with commonly-used tools such as Calendly? Why is there no scheduling tool built into Upwork?

MANY Forum participants have clearly expressed their opinion that Upwork needs to do something about this.

[Note: If it makes you feel any better, any client sending you an invitation to discuss their "job" using Telegram is almost certainly a scammer.]

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths