🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can you contact a client to ask for clarifica...
Page options
e5cd49ba
Community Member

Can you contact a client to ask for clarification on a project?

Hi, so I am new to Upwork and trying to send out proposals to clients. However, with quite a few projects the job description has been really limited or unclear, making it impossible to send a decent proposal or set an appropriate fee for the job. 

Is there any way to contact clients to ask for clarification on their projects before you send in a proposal? I feel like I am missing out on some jobs now because I simply don't know what I am bidding on or what I should be charging!

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

When you send a proposal, you may ask for clarification. You may ask any questions that you want to ask.

Note that every other freelancer sees exactly the same version of each job posting. The others freelancers don’t have secret information about the job posting. They don’t have a way to ask the client questions either.

So you are not missing out on anything.

Some freelancers like work with clients who are not skilled at writing job descriptions. Other freelancers prefer not to. The choice is yours.

A job proposal is just the start of a conversation. It does not commit you to anything.

If you send in a proposal and then learn that this job isn’t for you, you don’t have to do the job.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths