🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Canadian resident/US citizen
Page options
thomastudor
Community Member

Canadian resident/US citizen

I live in Canada with my wife and son but I am a US Citizen, I couldn’t pass the identity presses. What happens now? I can’t work?
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Thomas T wrote:
I live in Canada with my wife and son but I am a US Citizen, I couldn’t pass the identity presses. What happens now? I can’t work?

If you live in Canada, why do you set your profile location to the US? That is not where you are!?

Your location is not defined by your nationality. It is where you are located...

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Thomas,

In addition to Petra advise, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with finishing the verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi ... I have been working full-time for nearly a year on UpWork through the "bring your own consultant" avenue. My wife may do a 2-yr. masters degree in Canada starting in 2021 or 2022, and if so I would be relocating to Canada. Does UpWork act as a PEO to the satisfaction of the Canadian authorities, or would I need to involve a Canada-based PEO as well?  Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I would recommend that you reach out to a legal advisor for more information about your question as they are more equipped to assist you further. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths