🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Cancelled Position Prematurely
Page options
angelinasilver53
Community Member

Cancelled Position Prematurely

Good Evening,

I'm new to Upwork, and had my first interview invite today from one of the five proposals I submitted. The interview was conducted by chat, and initially was uncomfortable with answering a couple of questions through chat due to privacy concerns. I respectfully requested to end the interview due to my concerns. I then cancelled the job in my account.   The interview followed up regarding my concern, and after explaining my concerns the interviewer assured me that the questions were general in nature, no personal information is being requested at this time, and further confirmed that they were a legitimate company. We proceeded with the interview.

My question is, how do I reactivate that job on my account that was cancelled, because I did complete the interview? I have attached the initial email notification for your review. 

Thank You,

Angelina**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Angelina, I am not sure what you are talking about.

If a client wants to hire you, he will hire you.

If a client does not want to hire you, he is not required to do so.

Upwork does not hire you. Clients hire you.

You can not ask Upwork to reactivate a job. But if you want to, you are allowed to communicate with the client and ask the client to hire you.

Thank you for the reply. I understand that Upwork is not doing the hiring. Because I’m new to Upwork, and the process as well as the platform, I thought I did something wrong on my end.

Thank you again for you rapid response.

Angelina Silvers

I don't think you did anything wrong.

If a client is a real client and wants to hire you, she clicks a "Hire" button. That sends a notification to you. You would then click a green "Accept" button. That is what causes a contract to be created and enables you to log time and get paid.

Thank you. I will wait to see what happens. I’m comfortable with learning how everything works. I appreciate your time.

Angelina**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths