🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cancelling Contract with Client and JSS
Page options
carrera-xavier
Community Member

Cancelling Contract with Client and JSS

Hi all, 

Quick question: How does cancelling a contract without receiving any payment may affect my JSS?

Long Story short: I started working with a client and submitted some SEO articles for him. He wasn't happy with the work, so after re-working the articles several times I decided to step back. I gave him a refund (40 USD) and I'd like for now to focus on less complicated clients. 

Other than that, I've ended in a good note with everybody else and I've only 4 and 5 stars reviews. My current JSS is 88%, so I'd like to rise it up a little bit for Top Rated Status. So, I'd like to know how would my JSS be affected if I end the contract without recieving any payment from the before mentioned client. Also if any review from him would appear in my profile (I already think it shouldn't if I don't get any payment, I just wish to confirm this). 

Many thanks in advance, 

1 REPLY 1
kat303
Community Member

A contract closed with no money earned WILL effect your JSS. This client will also have the opportunity to submit feedback. Whether or not they do, and whether or not it is positive or negative remains to be seen. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths