🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Cannot Open Link
Page options
gupilan_rhiomae
Community Member

Cannot Open Link

Hello everyone! I am new here, and I finally got a reply in one of my proposals. I was asked by a client to download a software to be able to start. He sent me a link but it doesn't seem to work on my computer. I lowered my security settings but it still does not work, I always get a prompt that says 'Could not load file or assembly'. This is not something I am familiar with, can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rhiomae:

I don't think this is a real job.
I think the "client" is probably a scammer, or is simply wasting your time.

The software could be something malicious. Perhaps it is junky CAPTCHA capture software.

Do you have an hourly contract with this client, which shows up on your "My Jobs" page when you log into Upwork?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rhiomae:

I don't think this is a real job.
I think the "client" is probably a scammer, or is simply wasting your time.

The software could be something malicious. Perhaps it is junky CAPTCHA capture software.

Do you have an hourly contract with this client, which shows up on your "My Jobs" page when you log into Upwork?

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, it was captcha.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rhiomae,

I checked the job and it's in violation of Upwork ToS. Please, stop communicating with the client and remove the software from your computer. Always make sure you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab before you start working and only accept payments via Upwork

Check this article for more tips that will help you avoid questionable jobs in the future.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you so much! I'm glad I did not make any transactions with this client yet.

Hi,

I face same issue , i can’t open link from client’s job posting. I thought i had some problem with my internet connection, but i try to open another client’s job posting link, but the same problem pop up. Any advice for this please?

Hi Fanny,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please send me a private message with the job posts so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths