cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot Open Link

Rhiomae G Member Since: Oct 27, 2016
1 of 5

Hello everyone! I am new here, and I finally got a reply in one of my proposals. I was asked by a client to download a software to be able to start. He sent me a link but it doesn't seem to work on my computer. I lowered my security settings but it still does not work, I always get a prompt that says 'Could not load file or assembly'. This is not something I am familiar with, can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Rhiomae:

I don't think this is a real job.
I think the "client" is probably a scammer, or is simply wasting your time.

The software could be something malicious. Perhaps it is junky CAPTCHA capture software.

Do you have an hourly contract with this client, which shows up on your "My Jobs" page when you log into Upwork?

3 of 5

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, it was captcha.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Rhiomae,

I checked the job and it's in violation of Upwork ToS. Please, stop communicating with the client and remove the software from your computer. Always make sure you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab before you start working and only accept payments via Upwork

Check this article for more tips that will help you avoid questionable jobs in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 5

Thank you so much! I'm glad I did not make any transactions with this client yet.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS